Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed the evolutionize kickstand bypass yesterday. I know the instruction says start the bike with kickstand up. However I could actaully start with kickstand down for a few times at beginning. After riding for a few miles and went to gas station. This time I was trying to start with kickstand down then I heard a clicking sound and everything was in mute, my S4 had no power at all which feels like battery was dead. I started to look into fuses and re-plugged every fuse, after a few minutes somehow the battery power came back so I could ride it back home.

This morning I was going to ride again to work and I tried to start it with kickstand down again. Then same thing happned. Now I have no way to get the power back. I tried to insert the red key but no luck at all. I do think it's immobilizer gets triggered since I charged the batter just last week. Please help me unlock my S4.

Thanks,

Hung

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
That almost sounds like the immobilizer kicked in...if you don't try to start the bike 15 seconds after you turn the key to "on" it won't let you start the bike.

The kickstand bypass shouldn't let you start the bike in gear, without the clutch being pulled in, but that clicking sound is odd....I know I'm not being a lot of help here, but watch that 15 second rule and make sure it's in neutral. If that doesn't help, try removing the bypass.

Hopefully, you didn't follow the evoluzione directions for your bike...they aren't right for the newer models. Maybe something got misconnected.

·
Banned
551 Posts
Purely based on the fact that you just installed the kickstand bypass - I think that must be where the issue is. I have seen websites out there with the correct installations for instruction - sorry I can't remember them now.

Does your immobiliser light blink - well at least for 48 hours after you last rode it. Do your idiot lights come on?

I had a bad cpu on the bike when I first got mine - but I doubt that is your problem since you just changed the wiring. The bike won't start when the sidestand is down or when the bike is in neutral - I know we all know that - so that is why I am thinking the wiring is wrong and your bike thinks the stand is down all of the time instead of thinking it is up when it is down.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Help: S4 locked by ECU - FIXED

Called evolutionize yesterday and Joe mentioned something about turning throttle and key a few times to reset the immobilizer code, so when I went home last night I tried to turn the throttle a few times, 4 or 5 times, and immobilizer light came back on. As I turned the key to ignition all the power was back.

So this time I left the gas tank up and tried to crank the bike again. I saw a spark coming out of battery positive terminal and power was shut down again. Now I realize where the clicking sound coming from, it's the spark. Checked battery terminals and they were kinda loose. Tighten them up and did the same throttle trick again then started the bike. No more problem!!! Even with the sidestand down I could start the bike. ;D

I hope this was the cause of my stalling problem, too. I will have to wait till the weather clear up then ride more and see.

Hung

1 - 5 of 5 Posts