Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I want to raise the rear ride height of my 05' 620M. I know of a few ride hight adjuster out there....but have found only one that can actually raise the rear of a monster (link Price: $129.00). Does anyone know of other options.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
I'm pretty sure the OEM dogbone off a S#R will fit, but I've *heard* it's a pain to adjust when mounted on a dual side swingarm. Can't get at the bottom locknut without dropping the swing way down. Basically have to take it out and put it back in. Actually it's pretty "unhandy" to adjust it on the S#R swingarms too, but it is possible. I had to pull mine out completely the first time to crack the nuts loose, but now I can *just* get at it to make adjustments. Bottom locknut is a lefty...

That Ferracci one *looks* like it could be the answer. It's hard to see from the pic whether there would be an issue getting at the locknuts on the ends however.

I doubt an OEM unit would be any cheaper...

What other adjusters have you found?

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Know anyone with a lathe? I had this made.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
So faster,
Can you adjust that one when it's on your race bike? Like... can you get at the locknuts?

I think it was bizychild on MADDOG that said he couldn't get at his locknut on his S4. ???

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
yes I can

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Awesome DIY adjuster [clap]

I've seen your work before but wasn't sure of what is involved in assembling it. So with all the parts you listed + right-hand tap can i assemble this my self?

sorry... i have absolutely no clue in machining.

thanks
yas

·
Registered
6,149 Posts
d_ride said:
Awesome DIY adjuster [clap]

I've seen your work before but wasn't sure of what is involved in assembling it. So with all the parts you listed + right-hand tap can i assemble this my self?

sorry... i have absolutely no clue in machining.

thanks
yas
you'll still want a lathe, unless you can cut a PERFECTLY flat suface on the ends
my guess is if you took that to a machine shop and asked them just to cut the ends off (where you want) and drill (and possibly tap - but you could do that yourself) the holes it probably wouldn't cost all that much.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
If you are going to leave the hex and not turn it down, then you could do it yourself. The most critical part is drilling and tapping the holes straight. I wouldn't worry too much about cutting the ends straight. You can always clean that up by grinding if you want and it doesn't affect anything. What does matter is getting the holes straight and centered. You can find the center easy on the end of the hex by drawing a straight line from corner to corner of the hex points. Then where the lines intersect, there's the center. Then make a good punch mark to start your drilling. I would not recommend drilling by hand. You should find a way to chuck it up nice and straight in a drill press.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Aluminum is really easy to drill so that drillpress should be fine. Check your local metal supplier for the hexstock. I also used ends from McMaster-carr. They have a website with an online catalog. I think They were 10mm metric ends and one of them has to be left-hand thread. That may be where mrfry had the extra cost to buy the left hand tap? He'll chime in when he reads this. I didn't spend near that much but it may be because I had the tooling and everything? not sure...mrfry...paging mrfry

·
Registered
193 Posts
Here's a better question. How do you get to it? I see the top attachment and how it unbolts. How do you get the bottom one undone that sits inside the single sided swingarm.

·
Premium Member
892 Posts
I bought a 999 height adjuster off of e-bay for like $20 bones. Raised the rear an inch. Handles great. Had to mod the kickstand to deal with the increased height. It's a cheap mod that ranks in the top 3 (next to 14t and pipes) in my book.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.