Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright this is something that's been driving me nuts for months now, time to see if I can do something about it.

I chopped my tail a while ago and after cutting the frame, I sprayed on some Rustoleum or equivalent flat black paint on the cut frame ends. It turns out that I didn't have the frame masked off worth a crap and I got paint on the frame where I did not want to. It's not in plain view but I know its there and it really bugs me, so....

Does anyone know of any way I can get this paint off my frame without F-ing up the original paint? I swear I was that kid in art class that always had paint on his face.

·
Premium Member
325 Posts
Wipe it off with laquer thinner. The frame paint is catalized and will not be affected by the thinner. The rattle can paint that you used will wipe off like it was never there and this will happen almost instantly. Try it out in an unseen area if you don't believe me. I do this all the time when doing touch up on my bikes but then they get cleared with PPG Concept.

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wipe it off with laquer thinner. The frame paint is catalized and will not be affected by the thinner. The rattle can paint that you used will wipe off like it was never there and this will happen almost instantly. Try it out in an unseen area if you don't believe me. I do this all the time when doing touch up on my bikes but then they get cleared with PPG Concept.
Awesome, thanks Chris. I'll give it a shot.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts