Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I bought a set of S4R rearsets to get rid of the large passenger peg extension that's on the new monsters. Seems like I am short one or two pieces. Please take a look at this pic as I walk thru the parts and my problem, its at:

http://sites.google.com/site/yamahafriedrich/sellingstuff/MonsterBrake.jpg

The red circle shows one end of the brake return spring, that needs to be pushed forward, per the red arrow, and connected to ?something? to maintain pressure on the brake pedal.
All the parts in the picture are from the S4R EXCEPT the actual master cylinder, the plunger (pointed to with a purple arrow), the axle/shaft that connects the plunger to the end of the brake lever (blue line projected out), and the safety clip (orange arrow) that is not yet snapped in place. My GUESS is that on the S4R, that axle shaft has some kind of longer projection that the brake spring catches on. Anyone know? A simpler form of the question is just "what does the other end of the brake return spring attach to on an S4R (or S2R)?

also, if anyone else has done this conversion, do you know if the plunger part is the same size from the S4R, S2R and the newer 1100 Monsters?

thanks!

Kurt

·
Registered
582 Posts
I have an 09 1100S and am wondering if I can fit S2R/S4R rear sets. Did you get them all fitted up in the end? Would you do it again or to much of a PITA?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 6 of 6 Posts