Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed a new stm slave- decided -ignorantly- to purge the lines and refresh with new fluid-instead of exchanging fluid. So I cant get the master cylinder to prime- by pulling the clutch lever in & out, the master cylinder wont take any fluid- Ive got a similar tool to a mityvac bleeder- chit- cant even get that to cooperate-

im humbled, but still to proud to take it to a dealer to finish it.

·
Registered
168 Posts
don't understand. if you are using a vacuum bleeder, you should be able to pull fluid from the master. it might help if you put teflon tape on the bleeder screw threads at the slave so you don't suck air between the threads when you open the bleeder valve.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
don't understand. if you are using a vacuum bleeder, you should be able to pull fluid from the master. it might help if you put teflon tape on the bleeder screw threads at the slave so you don't suck air between the threads when you open the bleeder valve.
Bones- thanks for the teflon tape suggestion on the bleeder- that did the trick. I reverse filled the system- pumping fluid through the slave up to the reservoir.

Much appreciated

·
Registered
168 Posts
Bones- thanks for the teflon tape suggestion on the bleeder- that did the trick. I reverse filled the system- pumping fluid through the slave up to the reservoir.

Much appreciated
figured you should learn from other's mistakes [thumbsup]

·
Registered
635 Posts
know i'm a bit late, but, when i', doing brakes or clutch on cars, i leave the bleeder screw a bit open and start filling fluid so that gravity does some work...i mean, we in 3rd world countries, don't have access to $15.00 mighty vacs..more so $30.00..so we do it the old way, unless, it's a dealership

1 - 6 of 6 Posts