Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have been contemplating doing a GSXR fork swap on my 695, and I have finally decided to do it. I picked up a front end from a '05 GSXR 1000. It has the forks, clip-ons, calipers, master cylinder, brake lines, steering head, and the bottom tripple. It does not have the axle.

Do i need to get a GSXR axle, or can I use the monster Axle?

From doing research here, I understand that I need the following to complete the swap:

Radial Mount Caliper Spacers, I have heard 10mm or 5mm, which do i need?

Brake Rotor Spacers, 7mm? I assume I also need to get monster 320mm rotors? Will the 300mm rotors work in the meantime without the caliper spacers?

Axle Spacers, I haven't been able to find a good size or description of what is needed for these. Some say it is the same diameter as the monster, some say it is not. Please give me some clarification.

My big question is where can I order all of these spacers??
I would like to be able to get everything together before I tear the bike apart; so I don't have to leave it on stands for a month while I search for parts.

I also understand that the GSXR1K forks tend to be overly stiff on the monster. I am 225lbs, so they probably won't be too bad. If they are, I can simply swap the stock springs for softer springs.

Thanks in advance

1 - 1 of 1 Posts