Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I'm looking for a top case for the Monster 821. Some time back I saw that Givi made a top case that was compatible and also doubled as a backrest for the passenger. Anyone out there running something like this?

Also, I'm going to be taking a bit of a longer ride here soon and was hoping to get a more comfortable seat. Can anyone recommend a comfort seat? I've already looked at corbin and they don't seem to have any specific answer to my question whether the 1200 seat is the same as the 821. Called them direct and they still couldn't say with 100% certainty.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
14 Posts
I've had the givi V46 on a FZ6 before, just need to get the gvi specific mounting hardware and rack or the adapter for the SW-moteck rack. its' fine stuff, generally more expensive than the coocases, but not necessarily better. I haven't had a passenger on the 821 with it. The white case used to by on my Super Tenere I traded in for the 821 and the the silver case in the background is an identical case to the white one and was on on honda silverwing scooter. They worked well enough for a backrest on those bikes. The white case, which is kind of metallic/pearlly in color, I found on ebay new for 80$, the silver one was bought retail from twisted throttle and it was around 180. Twisted throttle is no longer distributing them and I don't know who else is in the US.

That is pretty much what I'm looking for. Have you ever had a passenger on? How well does that top case function as a backrest? I was looking at Givi's solution here --

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/givi-v46-monokey-topcase

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've had the givi V46 on a FZ6 before, just need to get the gvi specific mounting hardware and rack or the adapter for the SW-moteck rack. its' fine stuff, generally more expensive than the coocases, but not necessarily better. I haven't had a passenger on the 821 with it. The white case used to by on my Super Tenere I traded in for the 821 and the the silver case in the background is an identical case to the white one and was on on honda silverwing scooter. They worked well enough for a backrest on those bikes. The white case, which is kind of metallic/pearlly in color, I found on ebay new for 80$, the silver one was bought retail from twisted throttle and it was around 180. Twisted throttle is no longer distributing them and I don't know who else is in the US.
Hey Terryth, I appreciate the responses and the detail. I like the pricing on the coocases, the Givi is a bit spendy and doesn't really look that well made. I'll look into it.

Any ideas on an aftermarket seat?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I like corbins and have had a number of them over the years, but am not going to look anytime soon for one for the 821, the stock one is ok for me.

Hey Terryth, I appreciate the responses and the detail. I like the pricing on the coocases, the Givi is a bit spendy and doesn't really look that well made. I'll look into it.

Any ideas on an aftermarket seat?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I like corbins and have had a number of them over the years, but am not going to look anytime soon for one for the 821, the stock one is ok for me.
I hear you. I'm just going on a pretty long ride here soon and after my last experience riding ~200mi in an afternoon (lol, probably nothing to a lot of guys here) my hips were feeling the pain and my ass wasn't doing much better haha.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts