Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The bike has been running with no issues. Ran the bike off the lights, was doing around 6,000 rpm in 1st gear, when engine cut out, and the red oil light came on and the bike wont start.
I have no idea where to begin the troubleshooting.
The bike is a 2006 Monster 620, 6 gears model, with 22,000 kms.

·
Registered
870 Posts
Check oil level, remove screen and see what it caught. Will engine turn over ? Does it have comparable compression on both cylinders ? See if oil looks odd, foggy, twinkles ?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Check oil level, remove screen and see what it caught. Will engine turn over ? Does it have comparable compression on both cylinders ? See if oil looks odd, foggy, twinkles ?
Hi Duc96cr. There is definitely more oil than the max indicator. The oil looks dirty, but the oil change was done under the last 3,000 kms. I think it is a case of engine seize due to excess oil.

The engine does not turn over right now. What do you mean by this "remove screen and see what it caught." which screen are you mentioning?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Believe he means the screen filter for your oil, will have to remove one small part of you exhaust pipe to get to it.

Thanks

Bigjdoberman

·
Registered
2 Posts
I know on my 2015 Monster 821 I have to remove the spring and one clamp to remove the pipe to get to the oil screen, I'm not 100% if yours would be in the same place, just assuming.

Bigjdoberman

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
their architecture is largely similar, although the parts design has evolved. Or i can search to find the relevant information. This morning i was a bit clueless about which screen was mentioned.

·
Registered
870 Posts
Pull the spark plugs and check them. See if engine will crank with plugs out. If the oil level is high, some times that is due to fuel or water in the oil, which will cause engine seizure.
id drain the oil and see what comes out. if you have a rear stand, put the bike in gear and with plugs out, see if it will turn over.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Broski, you will laugh at this but, i drained a bit of oil, etc, only to find out that i had accidentally pushed the kill switch. dang.there never was a problem.
Bike is good now. thanks for responding to my messages

·
Registered
870 Posts
I’m happy for you. Sooner or later something like this happens to everyone. I rebuilt an engine once because of a bad oil pressure gauge.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts