Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys,

I got in my first semi-major accident a few weeks ago (I'm completely fine) involving rear-ending a pickup on the expressway.

A car stalled out a few vehicles ahead creating a slow chain reaction of stopping cars. I emergency breaked, loced my wheels, and ended up lowsliding into the stopped pickup in front of me. I was fine (had all the gear), the pickup was fine, and the damage done was a broken front fender and all the gear on the right side of my bike (broke rear break, foot pedal, and passenger foot pedal). Luckily I had frame sliders (greatest investment ever) and the only thing that needed to be replaced was the metal plate connecting all that stuff to my bike (> $300).

Anyways, the bike was fixed up and tested at the shop and examined to be in fine shape. A few weeks later however my speed tachometer and milage count just stopped working. The rest of the lights (high beam light, fuel light, etc) all still work as well as the RPM tachometer. A friend tells me this is probably minor - a loose wire somewhere.

Any idea if this is a quick fix I can do myself, if this is common issue, and where to look to fix it? If it's too complicated I plan on just taking it in again but would have to schedule an appointment and take some time off of work.

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Is your 750 a front wheel cable drive speedo?

My speedo on my 98' M900 stopped working a few months back
the tip of the cable broke...it was a $34.95 part at the local dealer;D

Glad to hear you are OK

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the feedback. The Speedo cable that snakes along the front wheel is indeed broken.

It was nicked (just the rubber part) when my front fender came off and I asked the guys at Monroe Motors to put some electric tape on it but they never did (I can only blame myself for not checking.) Now it looks like I have to replace the whole cable.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts