Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
752 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Due to an unfortunate a$$hat hitting my beloved mostro it is in the shop. It caused $2500 worth of damage, but I probably will not fix everything which will leave me about $1500 to play with.

Perf mods I'm thinking about:
>cyclecat clip-ons
>39MM FCRs
>HI Comp Pistons
>re-valved forks w/heavier springs

I already have the following perf mods:
>dyna coil kit
>nichols lightened flywheel
>stg 1 jet kit
>the rest cosmetic bs

I know I cannot get them all, and would like some $ left over to atleast get new rubber for my supersport. What would you do and why? Looking to get some feedback from folks with similar mods. BTW, its a 1999 M750. Thanks all for the feedback!

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
My advice:

1 clip-ons they make an enormous difference in handling and attitude.
2. fix the forks. Handling should always come before more power
3. High comps
4. FCRs

On 3 and 4, I was inclined to go the other way on my 900, but Bruce at BCM assures me that while they're great together, you'll get more out of the high comps than the carbs so if you do one at a time, it makes sense to start w/ the pistons.

I think you have great priorities; maybe 'cause they're the same as mine ;D

G

·
i'd say wheels, forks, FCR's. you don't have wheels listed but they're such an amazing upgrade... they effect the bike positively on so many levels, it's hard to think of any one thing that does as much for you.
quicker handling, better suspension action, accellerate/brake faster.
then forks cuz it's relatively short $$ to rebuild/revalve the stockers, then FCR's cuz i love the HONK they gave my 900ss/cr way back when...

·
Premium Member
752 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the input guys. I was gonna put wheels on the list, but thats more than I want to spend. BTW, what prices are you guys seeing on aftermarket wheels? I haven't seen any under a gazillion bux. I would like to ride a monster with clip ons b4 taking the plunge, anyone in SF wanna let me try thiers?

The stuff i'm not fixing are my scratched DP pipes, scratched shift lever, slight acid damage on frame, handlebars (unless I get the cats). The replacement of the pipes was the big kicker, but my bike isn't for show, i ride the b!tch, so a few cosmetic scratches don't bother me and besides it has about 20K on the odometer.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts