Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The GM of my hotel wants to make his friend think he knows all about Ducatis. His friend just bought this bike and he wants me to give him any info I can. This looks like one of those die cast toys.

http://dtmsurf.myshots.net/album01/duc

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Come on now....it's pretty obvious it's a 1:18 scale Maisto model, a cheap S4 rendition.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I have one just like that! Except the kickstand doesn't stay put and it keeps falling over. Good thing I didn't pay that much for it and it has a super-duper dent resistant tank! ;D ;D

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, Its a toy but is it an S4? Where is the utter?
Seriously this isnt a joke, I just got to work and found this Email from my GM asking what kind of bike this is.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, I emailed him back telling him his friend is playing a joke on him and that toy is a mix of about 3 models and a bad version of all three.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
yup ... that's an S4. its the new S4R which has the
catalytic converter / udder.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry pulled the photo forgetting about this thread. Ill put it back.
There it is, I told my GM it was just a toy and he said his buddy was testing him.

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
looks more like a stock S4 model rather than a combo of 3 models... they might not have been accurate in re-modeling the radiator. However, everything else looks like S4 componentry.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I keep getting the S4 and S4r mixed up. The S4r is the one with the high mount exhaust on the same side?

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
That, and a tubular SSS on the S4R.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
I picked that one up at wal-mart for $2.. they had it labeled as an "s4", but it dont look like one to me... My son loves em. He has about 10 different ducati's, and some other neat european bikes (mv brutale).. all for about $2 a piece... And GI Joe's fit on them nicely.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts