Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi gang

I'm thinking of buying a new leather suit from ducati and since I'm going to the 2004 WDW in Italy in may I wondered if the ducati gear would be cheaper over there ?

Any info? Italian members who can ask for a quote locally ?

Yannick

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
The American Dollar is not holding well against the Euro, so your going to take a beating in the exchange up front. Europe is not the place to look for bargans these days, especially when you have to pay in dollars. Good luck.

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Go to the Italian Desmo Owners Club, they will give you all the info you could possibly want ;)

·
Registered
571 Posts
If you produce a non e e c passport at point of purchase, you should not be charged vat

Sax...you DO get charged the dreaded VAT, however, producing Non-EEC passport will get you a form, which, when submitted to the appropriate persons, you will, in due course get a check in the mail for the VAT refund.

Been there, done that....3 weeks ago! ::)

Still waiting for the refund tho.......

Dave

8) ::)

·
Premium Member
3,095 Posts
Just like Darkmonster stated...in theory you should see a check if you show your non EEC passport, but in 31 years of doing the trip 2x/year, buying everything from watches to kitchens, I have yet to see a check.
That being said, I would find a place in the US that has what you want and buy it here. Italians are not hagglers and competition is pretty skimpy-so don't be surprised if you actually pay more over there than you would here.
And yeah, the Euro is way too strong right now.
Tarik

1 - 7 of 7 Posts