Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, thanks for looking, i hope you can help me out...

I have a '00 Monster 750 Dark and previous owner had put a dual-headlight setup on that I don't like so i'm piecing together everything to get back to original headlight setup. I have everything except for one piece that i can't seem to see on any spec sheets, or in any pictures because it's a tricky spot to view. I need whatever part(s) connect the top of the U-shaped headlight bracket to the fork/triple right under the gauge cluster. There are bolts connecting this U-shaped bracket to the fork at the bottom, but nothign connecting on the top, i'm missing whatever parts go there.

Can anyone maybe snap a photo of what part SHOULD be there?
Or does anyone have that part?
Can anoyone point me toward a diagram that might show this part or what i need?

I've tried searching the web for spec sheets and viewed whats' online at BIkeBandit.com but can't seem to find exactly what i'm lookin for. Maybe i'm just an idiot, but any help would be appreciated. I think the part should be the same for most all monsters.

thanks,
scott

·
Registered
8,324 Posts
On my 96 the bolts that hold the guage cluster have an extended pin that goes into plastic bushings at the top of the U. The parts pdf file for your bike looks the same.

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. I figured the original bolts there probably DID extend down that far but couldn't tell from looking at the diagrams, and i already have bolts there (but without anything sticking out the bottom) so i got a little confused....

But, I ended up figuring out a workaround, I found some short 1" x 1/4" nylon pegs/dowels at a hardware store that fit tight into the top of the U-bracket and seem to do the trick so i'm stoked!

but thanks for the replies, i appreciate the help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts