Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

i have ducati monster 821 2015 model
recently my bike was crashed so i lost DASHBOARD AND HEADLIGHT broke. after accident was not not starting. so towing the bike and to service center they checked they give so high quotes so i decide not making bike at service center. after took my bike from
them. in my home i checked what happened with my bike so i get in rectifier get OIL and in ecm connector get oil. i don’t understand where come that oil. after i opened ECM i get lots oil
in ecm.
right now the condition is how i start my bike. i trying without dashboard but not starting only radiator fan running and light. no self taking.

Que - how i start bike easy way
que - someone put oil in ECM ?

Attachments

·
Registered
419 Posts
Oil in the rectifier is common...oil gets pushed up through the wires from the stator...the ECU I haven't a clue... except that it's probably from the accident...the way the electronics shake hands with each other you may not be able to run the bike without the dash....the keys are stored in the dash for the immobilizer...not much hope running it with the kill switch activated...and the new dash will need to be mated to the BBU on the bike by the dealer...no escaping them on this one

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oil in the rectifier is common...oil gets pushed up through the wires from the stator...the ECU I haven't a clue... except that it's probably from the accident...the way the electronics shake hands with each other you may not be able to run the bike without the dash....the keys are stored in the dash for the immobilizer...not much hope running it with the kill switch activated...and the new dash will need to be mated to the BBU on the bike by the dealer...no escaping them on this one
thanks a lot brother, but if i buy used dashboard from ebay.com / can work with current ecm and key ?

·
Registered
419 Posts
thanks a lot brother, but if i buy used dashboard from ebay.com / can work with current ecm and key ?
As far as I know...yes...but it will need to be programmed by a dealer to work properly...I would ask the dealer for a concrete answer

Mileage and vin and keys pin are all stored in the dash...and can be reprogrammed if needed...only by the dealer tho

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
As far as I know...yes...but it will need to be programmed by a dealer to work properly...I would ask the dealer for a concrete answer

Mileage and vin and keys pin are all stored in the dash...and can be reprogrammed if needed...only by the dealer tho
thank you 😊 please ask to dealer it will really help me. and also ask to dealer if require for dashboard reprogramming. only dashboard ecm and key requires or whole bike? because my home location to far from ducati service center.

·
Registered
419 Posts
thank you please ask to dealer it will really help me. and also ask to dealer if require for dashboard reprogramming. only dashboard ecm and key requires or whole bike? because my home location to far from ducati service center.
If you have the keys...they should be made to work again with the new dash...ecu deals with the fueling...but if your not close to a dealer than the answer becomes moot wether or not it's repairable...doesn't it...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If you have the keys...they should be made to work again with the new dash...ecu deals with the fueling...but if your not close to a dealer than the answer becomes moot wether or not it's repairable...doesn't it...
yes after i clean emc remove all oil, ecu is working because when i put a key turn on the bike, lights and fuel injector works sounds comes from the tank. also i touch ecm cuircuit it’s feel worm.

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
sir if i buy 2018 821 model dashboard can work with my 2015 model ? i ll programming with ducati service? possible to work ?

·
Registered
419 Posts
sir if i buy 2018 821 model dashboard can work with my 2015 model ? i ll programming with ducati service? possible to work ?
I haven't a clue...gut says no...call the dealer who you would take it to get reprogrammed....they would know something like that....don't think anyone has posted any instrument cluster conversions since they went digital

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I haven't a clue...gut says no...call the dealer who you would take it to get reprogrammed....they would know something like that....don't think anyone has posted any instrument cluster conversions since they went digital
i ll ask to ducati service. thanks

1 - 12 of 12 Posts