Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 00 900ie, I pretty much put the bike in storage a few weeks ago. The standard stuff, oil change and putting stabilizer in the tank. Ran it for about 5 minutes to get the stabilzer mixed. I took out the battery and my baby sat for the last 3 weeks. Well, I just bought some new pipes from a fellow DML'er and installed it. I went to put the battery back in and tried to start it, nothing happen. No crank, no noise, just nothing when I hit the start button. The battery is good since I just charged it and all the lights are working. I checked all the connections and everything seems to be in place. The bike is in neutral and kickstand down. I checked all the fuses and they're all good. What could be wrong? Please help!!!

·
Registered
8,324 Posts
Kill switch?

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, I checked all the obvious stuff cause usually it is something simple. Thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
8,324 Posts
Check the small plug on the solenoid. That would do that.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'll check when I get home. If something is wrong with the solenoid, won't it still make some sort of clicking noise like it is trying to start? I get nothing, no click, no noise, nothing.

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
Hailander said:
I'll check when I get home. If something is wrong with the solenoid, won't it still make some sort of clicking noise like it is trying to start? I get nothing, no click, no noise, nothing.
Not if that small white plug is disconnected.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank guys, I'll look at my manual and try to find where the solenoid is.

·
Registered
8,324 Posts
Hailander said:
Thank guys, I'll look at my manual and try to find where the solenoid is.
Under the battery. R/H side.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, thank you, that narrows my search considerably.

·
Registered
8,324 Posts
Hailander said:
Well, thank you, that narrows my search considerably.
No problem. On the FI bikes, or at least the ones I've seen, the solenoid and connections are visible without removing anything. The white plug can be a source of irritation to owners. Try removing it and plugging it back in.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
I had the same problem. Turned out I must have bumped that darn rectangular white plug mentioned above....2 straight pins with no detents or clips to hold it in place. Ill betcha thats it.
Good Luck

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks guys, that did the trick. I plug wasn't disconnected, but I went ahead and disconnected it and reconnected it...wah lah...it fired right up.

You guys are the best!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
So, how do they sound???

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I just posted a small writeup in the Acc & Mods board with my observation...but in short, the sound is just intoxicating...absolutely music to my ears. What a difference!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts