Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
3,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm guessing the other message wasn't worded right or something. I was just informed yesterday that my M900 that I've owned and loved for more than six years is totalled, so I won't be getting it back. I'm sitting here with a cast on one hand, typing with one finger, while my leg is throbbing with pain where my riding pants wore through. I can't really take a few minutes at work to do web searches, since I'm having such a hard time just working right now. And tomorrow I'll be leaving for a week with no internet access.

:'( :'( :'( :'(

Okay, enough of the sob story. ;) (But it's all true.)

I need a few volunteers to track down ads for M900's for sale or that have sold during 2003. Nothing newer than 1998, please! I'm hoping to have enough evidence for the insurance company to get a better price in compensation. Please post replies here, listing price, year, location, and other relevant details, plus an internet link to the information. I'll likely only have one day when I get back to put this all together for the insurance adjuster.

I was hoping that maybe some of you who have asked questions in the past that have received helpful answers from me could now return the favor. Thanks for any help on this.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Re: Help a hurting guy who just totalled his Monst

Hey Scott,
SORRY to hear of your mishap, I think we can all relate.

I just last Saturday sold my 95 M900 for $4300. It was stock except for the roadracing tail and some napoleon mirrors. I kept the carbon fairing, clutch cover and my DP carbon pipes..

I had just put a new back tire on it and spent about $630 on a 12k service.

It was extra clean and it had 14k miles on it. I listed it at $4300 and the first guy to look at it paid me cash.
The research I did, told me that the 95-96's were selling from low 4's to low 5's.

Hope this helps,
Rob

S

·
0 Posts

i was just at cycletrader.com.

·
Premium Member
922 Posts

Scott,
Really sorry to hear.

I did an e-bay search of closed items. Of all the listed monster 900s, onlt 2 were pre-99. A stock 98 closed at $4150 without meeting the reserve. A stock 94 with 13K sold for $3600. Mine was purchased in Feb for $4700, but it is a '99.

Good luck and hope you mend and are back on 2 wheels soon.

Doc
Been there, done that, have the scars

S

·
0 Posts

Just sold my 1996 M900 with 33k miles for $4500. Never officially advertised it though, so it's probably not that much of a help.

·
Registered
136 Posts
P

·
0 Posts

If the frams is not bent you should look into buying it back from the insurance company.

·
Premium Member
462 Posts

I just bought my 98 in July for $5k ,with 3600 miles on it. FBF mufflers, jet kit, K&N open box.

hope that helps and you heal quickly.

Jeff

·
Premium Member
6,906 Posts

Here are a few more data points, from Motorcycle Consumer News, Vol7, July 2003. This is the Used Bike Value Guide, what they consider full retail value of a stock bike, clean, well maintained, and without damage. It is also a national average, and I suspect the SF bay area might be a bit higher than average.

M900 Prices 1993-1998:
1993-$3710
1994-$3915
1995-$4400
1996-$4825
1997-$5125
1998-$5610

HTH
Michael

·
Registered
2,495 Posts

Hate to say it but, my 93 was worth more than 3000.000 and I paid more too. Also, a friend of mine just sold his 95 monster for 5500.00 as well it was in Truckee.

·
Registered
259 Posts

I'd use Kelly Blue Book - Retail price. Insurance companies like it and seem to use it. It is also higher than the real life estimates you have above. Most people will try to buy at trade-in value or between it and retail. Retail is what the dealer is going to charge.
See www.kbb.com

Retail price -
1998 Ducati 900 Monster
Suggested Retail Value $6130

M

·
0 Posts

My 1998 M900 is for sale. Check out the pics on my web page and email me for more info.

·
Banned
3,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

My insurance company just valued the bike at $4572.

I have until Monday to convince them it's worth more.

·
Premium Member
279 Posts

Hey Scott,
I hope you're doing better.
Best of luck trying to convince them, they're sharks.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts