Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My new ECU is set to US -- so this is not a KPH/MPH issue. My speedo is reading 100+ mph at very low speeds (10-20)... it quickly goes to all dashes. My odometer increased ~13 miles for a 3 mi ride. ugh! I'll have to take it back to the dealer --- but I'm just a little pissed off. This should have been caught on the test ride! Any advice? Maybe something quick I'm just missing? I should be enjoying my new exhaust - not sweating this, jeez.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Mike, Have you resolved the speedo issue and how? I am having the same problem on my 2010 696 I bought in November. Thx, John
According to his second post the issue was caused by the dealership installing an aftermarket ECU that was disigned for a 696 NON ABS on his 696 with ABS. thats what i got out of it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's right. My dealer installed the wrong ECU. After replacing with an ECU for the ABS version of the bike, all is fine. really pissed me off though. Should have easily been caught on the test ride. The dealership is now out of business - surprise, surprise.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts