Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2006 S2R 800 I was backing out of the garage an some how turned the flashers on .. we'll i couldn't get them to go off i keep hitting the switch and all the other switches on the cluster even going as far as to turn the bike on and off a few times eventually the whole dash and headlight went out! Now the only way i have headlights or dash lights and gauges is to pull the Hi beam trigger and everything comes on and works normal.. My first thought was i had a short in the the handle bar switch and ordered a new one after installing the new switch Same Problem I only have headlights and dash lights and gauges when i use the high beam trigger !!!! WTH?! The bike starts and runs normally.

·
Premium Member
567 Posts
You have a short some where. Did you recently change wiring on the bike. Retrace your steps and wiggle wires while you try to get it to work. Did you wash the bike? You have to be careful because these bikes do not like high pressure water. It will get in connectors. Make sure the gauge plug is snug in the back.
Check fuses and relays for good measure. You found it acts up somewhat normal with the high beam switch so I would star in that area.

Workshop manual if you don't already have it.
http://www.mikemo.org/bikes/manuals/Workshop_Manual_S2R_06.pdf

1 - 5 of 5 Posts