Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are the prices to get one fixed. :-[

One guy quoted me 550. to fix it unseen and 200. to paint it.

I was practicng emergency braking getting ready to take my license test and gave my bike an emergency.

Thanks,

Tom.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Re: HELP!!!

Norm on the board will prepare it for paint for like 250.

500 +200 for paint is out rageous. I had tank repair and all parts on my bike including (rear cawl, front windscreen, front fender, side pods) painted for 600.

·
Premium Member
5,076 Posts

I can fix it for you for $250. I pull any dents, weld/braze any areas that need it (including the entire hinge area), fair & sand the surface down to 400 wet, so it's ready for paint, & treat the inside with POR-15. The $250 also includes return shipping.

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

I vote for Norm. He fixed a chromo tank for me so well that now he's working on another project.

·
Premium Member
1,200 Posts

I move the lock stops in on the monsters. It keeps the handlebars from being so close to the tank. It's usually the
switch housing that does the dirty deed, when the bars either bend or flex.

·
Premium Member
283 Posts

If I didn't have a local guy who does a fantastic job I'd definitely have sent it to Norm and would be doing so again right now ::)

·
Registered
1,836 Posts

I got a dent taken out, tank, belly pan, seat cowl, sbk front fender, and air scoops painted for $322.00 - They all look perfect - don't get ripped by the high price - send it to norm or at least not the people who quoted you.

·
Registered
76 Posts

I'm getting my big mutha of a dent repaired for $560 aussie - approx $300 US.... you are getting rorted at over $500 US mate

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

another vote for norm's work. he repaired my s4's tank and then re-repaired it when the UPS gorilla's trashed it on return ship. norm's excellent.

·
Registered
584 Posts

'Nother vote for Norm. Fixed my tank perfectly. Unfortunately, since it's now fallen off the rear stand TWICE (one dent on each side), I'll be sending it back to Norm again. And this time, I won't be springing for expensive Color-Rite "factory" paint that doesn't match, I'll spray the damn tank with Krylon like I should've done in the first place.

Long story short, Norm's great.
dion

·
Premium Member
6,906 Posts

'Nother vote for Norm. Fixed my tank perfectly. Unfortunately, since it's now fallen off the rear stand TWICE (one dent on each side), I'll be sending it back to Norm again. And this time, I won't be springing for expensive Color-Rite "factory" paint that doesn't match, I'll spray the damn tank with Krylon like I should've done in the first place.

Long story short, Norm's great.
dion
The problem is so ubiquitous that I was thinking that we should all just get a ball-peen hammer and smack our tanks once in each side, right around the "D" in Ducati and get the damn business over with. At least then the dents would match on each side... :-/

1 - 12 of 12 Posts