Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was on a biz trip to London recently and naturally had to duck into a bike shop to nose around. Lots of interesting stuff (sadly no great deals on Dainese) and one thing that caught my eye were some helmets by MOMO (the steering wheel folks):

Sadly they didn't feel as comfy as an Arai when on, but they do *look* cool...

·
Premium Member
6,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh, they had the Roof "Boxer" helmet too. Wild...

·
Premium Member
1,305 Posts
man the boxer" head gear" is a trip. if they come up with some boxing sytle gloves look out. Thanks for posting picturesof the unique helmets michael

S

·
0 Posts
My wife and I went to the London Motorcycle Show and saw the Momos -- wild but the fit was really bad. Not recommended.

My wife has a Roof flip-face and loves it. She bought it in London a few years ago.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Those look cool! They look like a fighter pilot helmet.

R

·
0 Posts
My wife and I went to the London Motorcycle Show and saw the Momos -- wild but the fit was really bad. Not recommended.

My wife has a Roof flip-face and loves it. She bought it in London a few years ago.
I guess it for EuroHeads.

·
Premium Member
6,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah, I agree. They didn't feel snug at all. If only Arai or Shoei would hire European designers to come up with some different stuff...

S

·
0 Posts
Must add, too, that we never saw any riders wearing those Momos in London -- but Roofs we saw aplenty.

R

·
0 Posts
Vemar makes some realy cool looking helmets and they are now in the U.S, Plus there made in Italy

·
Premium Member
1,488 Posts
I like the full face Momo helmet, very cool and different looking. Not so sure how functional it would be in the real world though...

R

·
0 Posts
Caberg Brutus Helmet is pretty cool looking as well.
I think I might get one this year.

·
Registered
4,928 Posts
My Bell was made in Italy...

And come to think of it, you hardly see them in the US anymore.

·
Premium Member
6,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yeah, I noticed that too. Used to own a Bell many years ago. Also don't see Simpson helmets much anymore. Had one of those too. It was really nice - too bad they're not generally available.

H

·
0 Posts
I had an Bell Eddie Lawson replica back in the 80's. Looks like an antique by today's standards. I always love the Simpson Bandit, too. Kinda looked like Darth Vader! I think they're both still the top names in other forms of racing.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts