Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering what the people that have flown with their MC gear, what do you do with it? I would be worried about checking a helmet because of the a-holes that toss everything out, steal the valuables, then toss everything back in. But carry-on would be kind of a pain too. How about jackets and other $$ stuff?

What are your opinions & experiences?

mitt

·
Banned
551 Posts
Last time I flew with the helmet - I wrappend my leather armoured jacket around the helmet - put my boots on the bottom for a base and put as many t-shirts / long underwear type stuff around it. An Army Duffle bag is a perfect size.

Plus I had them put a fragile sticker on the bag.

The woman at check in asked me what was in the bag that was fragile - seeing that it was about 20 Kilos - I said a motorcycle helmet - she was all - why is that fragile - I was all it is a one use item, it it gets dropped once, that is it.

End of my band camp story.

Some other people have carried them on - but I don't know about regulations in other countries. It seems to me a helmet is more dangerous than a fu

·
Registered
668 Posts
Few times I have carried with me, but that was before the world became worse.

You might need to ride to the airport and check the security this issue.

Skier

·
Registered
849 Posts
Carry-on. Even after 9-11. I just don't have a suitcase that's big enough to fit one. I've seen really cool helmet bags for not a lot of money before.

-R.

·
Premium Member
6,906 Posts
I checked mine on my trip to New Zealand. Put it in a duffel and wrapped all the armor from my Aerostitch Darien jacket around it. There was no plane change so that was one less opportunity to get trampled. I think if you have several changes or are going to a less developed country it might be more iffy.

·
Premium Member
1,488 Posts
I'd probably carry it, though I try to only take carry-on luggage anyway. Then again, it's been dropped so many times as it is, I'm not sure it matter... ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts