Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Premium Member
2,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I xrayed my helmet today, it was pretty cool!! No cracks or holes in mine!!
I did it on extermity, (table top) KV-54 MAs- 1.7.

· Premium Member
2,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
spaceman, it cost me nothing, my boss said , yeah go ahead xray the helmet!! You could see the inside material, any holes or cracks will show up black, cracks like spider webs, or black lines, holes, will be black, like the vent holes , they show up black. But do the helmet companies look for more subtle impact impressions, that I don't know. I just know from xray experience, what a crack or hole would look like.

· Premium Member
2,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
And Daffe is right about the ultrasound ( we have one of them at work also I use on a daily basis) The surface also may not take the ultrasound waves, they may just bounce right off and you'd see nothing.

· Premium Member
2,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
sending the xrays to Daffe tommorrow, he can post them if he likes. My computer is too old to give a good pic of them.

· Premium Member
2,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Daffe, 10 x 12, Someone put an xray of thier plated leg in the misc. photo gallery.It came out good. Maybe depends on what type film, these are not glossy like some from other hospitals????

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.