Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I xrayed my helmet today, it was pretty cool!! No cracks or holes in mine!!
I did it on extermity, (table top) KV-54 MAs- 1.7.

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
not sure about diagnostic ultrasound... you need a fluid medium - putting the gel on the helmet might not be enough as the surface is very dense. the resolution also might not be as good.

x-ray is better. that's why the big companies use it (Arai, etc)

·
Premium Member
4,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
spaceman, it cost me nothing, my boss said , yeah go ahead xray the helmet!! You could see the inside material, any holes or cracks will show up black, cracks like spider webs, or black lines, holes, will be black, like the vent holes , they show up black. But do the helmet companies look for more subtle impact impressions, that I don't know. I just know from xray experience, what a crack or hole would look like.

·
Premium Member
4,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
And Daffe is right about the ultrasound ( we have one of them at work also I use on a daily basis) The surface also may not take the ultrasound waves, they may just bounce right off and you'd see nothing.

S

·
0 Posts
Oh, i forgot u have access to'em X rays.

interesting.
Do you think you can scan the Xray plate and put it up?, just curious.

should be some way to get ultrasound onto hard surfaces, some sort of modulation. Seen it.
let me look into it.
-Spaceman.

·
Premium Member
4,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
sending the xrays to Daffe tommorrow, he can post them if he likes. My computer is too old to give a good pic of them.

·
Premium Member
4,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Daffe, 10 x 12, Someone put an xray of thier plated leg in the misc. photo gallery.It came out good. Maybe depends on what type film, these are not glossy like some from other hospitals????

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Just got the films in the mail... pretty good contrast. settings looked perfect. tried scanning it in, but with the dark film, the scanned images don't do it justice - maybe that's why we still read them on a viewbox.

some of the hospitals have digital x-ray processors that digitized the image. Best thing to do is to probably take a PHOTO of it then upload it.

S

·
0 Posts
you might try doing some gamma correction to the scanned image if its "black"....what software do u have to play around with images?...if you have acess to Adobe Photoshop then that would be good.

otherwise, if you can, pls do put the blackish image (not jpg or giff, only bmp or tiff format, no compression)..i can try doing something to it,
thanx,
spaceman..

(i am not sure of the problem, but i guess the images come out blackened in the computer?)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts