Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's time to look for a new helmet. I've been trying to decide between a SHoei RF-1000 and the new Bell Star. I like the looks of the Bell and it meets the new 2010 safety requirements and right now both are in the $300 range. Does anyone have experience with either of these helmets?

·
Registered
56 Posts
i saw first hand the shoei save a friends life in a tank slapper accident at over 90 mph. for what it's worth.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Personally i have a shoei rf-1000 and love it. fit and finish is great. Beside you could get one on sale because the new rf 1100 came out.
my 2 cents . .

·
Registered
335 Posts
I have both a Shoei Multitec and an Arai Corsair full face. Both are very comfortable, but I wear a M in a Shoei and a L in an Arai. The Shoei is quieter than the Arai, but in cold wx the Arai does not fog up as easily as the Shoei. I'd say just try on whatever helmet you want to buy and get the one that is most comfortable.

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
It's time to look for a new helmet. I've been trying to decide between a SHoei RF-1000 and the new Bell Star. I like the looks of the Bell and it meets the new 2010 safety requirements and right now both are in the $300 range. Does anyone have experience with either of these helmets?
Shoei RF1000 does not have removable pads, so cleaning the inside is pain. You can spend a little bit more and get the RF1100 where the pads are removable and ventilation is much better. The one thing i noticed on the RF1100 is the whistling noise when i do a head check at high speed.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Shoei RF1000 does not have removable pads, so cleaning the inside is pain. You can spend a little bit more and get the RF1100 where the pads are removable and ventilation is much better. The one thing i noticed on the RF1100 is the whistling noise when i do a head check at high speed.
agreed and if i had to super nit pick the strap is just alittle long also but small problems for a light, comfortable,well venting good looking helmet

·
Registered
13 Posts
I had Shoei and Arai, now I'm using the X-lite 701 from Nolan, very litght and comfortable helmet. in my opinion.

All prime brands are good, it is just a matter of which one would fit best and you would feel more comfortable. Use that to gauge your decision (besides the $$$).

For anti-fog just get a pinlock and problem solved.

My two cents.

Regards,
Lucas

·
Registered
215 Posts
the Bell Star has fully removable pads and comes with an extra set of firm cheek pads. plus a super awesome bag.

i only have a little over 600 miles on mine. i rode about 3-4 hours today, and riding on the highway and state roads. the temp was about 80 degrees and sunny. i live in the midwest too, so the humidity is almost always about 50%. the helmet never got hot or uncomfortable. super vented. when riding at highway speeds(55+) the helmet is very stable. it never felt like it was lifting off or like a bobblehead, even when turning your head to the sides.

this has my vote. very happy.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts