Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone thought of a trick way to install a helmet lock? I HATE the stupid under the seat chord! It's very hard to get on and off, not to mention my $500 Suomy helmet then sits on the hot pipe.

Any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
451 Posts
I use my snowboard cable lock, it is not as thick as a bicycle lock but it is easy to carry around (small enough to fit in a pocket). You can lock it to anywhere you want on the bike. There is also no need to remove the seat to get at the lock. They can be had for around $20.

Most of the time I try to take my helmet with me. I am not only afraid of the helmet being stolen but more afraid of some a$$hole using it as a toilet! Now that would be a "crappy" ride home....

lock:http://www.kryptonitelock.com/inetisscripts/abtinetis.exe/[email protected]?artid=2758&atf=products_item&pgrp=20

·
Registered
196 Posts
The Snow board lock does work great! I'm more worried about mine sitting in the sun. I've heard that prolonged exposure to the elements is a no-no for helmets when combined with riding time.
BUZ.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I saw a helmet lock in a catalog (not sure which one) where it bolted onto the frame. I was thinking of this also. I refuse to use the stupid cable. I do not really want to clutter up the pretty frame though.

·
Premium Member
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know what you are talking about and I was hoping for something that wouldn't clutter the frame like that. Any other ideas?

·
Registered
339 Posts
I have a barender lock that looks great. Fit and finish is excellent and it keeps my lid away from the pipes after a ride. Looks like any other stainless bar end weight when it isn't holding my helmet. A little pricey, but I'd buy one again in a minute.

http://www.barender.com

-mike

·
Registered
339 Posts
Peter,

If you're asking about the barenders, I ordered the 7/8th universal. Check the diamerter of your bars/clipons and give them a call, they'll make sure you get the right one.

BTW, I ordered from Aerostich (rider's warehouse) along with a bunch of other stuff -- I think they were a couple bucks cheaper than direct.

mike

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
if you leave your helmet locked to the bike and worried about sun exposure, smear some SPF 36 sunscreen on it or use your helmet cover that came with the helmet (you can get aftermarket ones also).

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
sorry, but after Jason's post I will never leave my helmet unattended. Could you imagine if someone did piss in it or worse? Its nasty but if it has been thought of, I am sure someone has done it. :-X

·
Registered
4,151 Posts

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
haha - you got me there too! wasn't sure if you were actually gonna go out to your helmet and slap that sunscreen on there!... was imagining you doing that and saying to your friends, "someone told me to do it!" ;)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts