Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I remember reading a post on this a while back, but could not find it in the search.
I'm tired of carrying my helmet around or leaving it unatended on the ground.
Have any of you guys out there come up with a clever helmet lock idea other than the fishing line that the bike came with?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,952 Posts
I just tried this on Thursday when parking at a couple of places in Daytona.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Isn't there supposed to be some kind of helmet wire for the older Ducati's I have a 00 M750 and I noticed a sticker which read "helmet lock under seat". But where is it? I looked on the parts cataloge and there is supposed to some type of wire device.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Hanjin, that is the fishing line that Zeus is talking about, there is a metal rod that sticks up right near the seat lock, and in the storage compartment, there is a 5 or 6 inch piece of cable with loops on both ends, you are supposed to loop the cable through either the D rings or the eye hole of your full face helmet and put the cable loops over the rod and lock your seat down. It's a real pain in the ass, and I've never used it.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I have a Kryptonite disc lock and a 6 foot bike cable. I loop it through my helmet and hang the helmet on the throttle. Then I put the ends of the cable in my disc lock before locking it. Keeps the helmet secure and then reminds me to take my disc lock off! ;D

·
Premium Member
4,093 Posts
I actually used the little cable Ducati gives you in you tool box( if you can call it that) I hooked it thru the face shield and locked it to the riight side of the frame under the gas tank with a lock. worked out well!!

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey Deb, I figured you'd just put your helmet on Duke's head, I doubt anyone would screw with it, then! ;D

·
Premium Member
4,093 Posts
That might work, LOL

·
Premium Member
6,906 Posts
I use a Kryptonite accessory cable (you get them in bicycle shops):

Lock it to the u-lock in the front disc. It is small enough to fit under the seat.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts