Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at buying the following helmet at an unbelievable price, almost too good to be true. The seller says the helmet is brand new but that there are some slight imperfections on the top air vent cover. This shouldn't make a difference in the "structural integrity" of the helmet should it?

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was hoping someone here would be able to easily spot them. I'm not really sure what the top of a Ducati Corse helmet is supposed to look like. I have an e-mail into the seller asking exactly what the imperfections are. I'll let you know when he responds.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just heard from the seller. There is a small crack on the vent cover that is hard to make out from the picture. He said the helmet itself is in perfect shape, just the crack on the vent cover. He's only asking $150 and it's brand new.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Best as I remember, Ducati uses Suomy Helmets, not that it has anything to do with the question.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks DucGasm, you are correct. Even if someone just dropped the helmet it could have some structural problems. However, all his Ducati helmets have been discounted to $150 so he may just be trying to get rid of inventory.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Question of a dropped helmet is important. You should read responses I got to my recent question about my wife's dropped helmet. Might help you decide.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts