Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I recently purchased my S4R, one of the dealer perks was $100 towards a new helmet (I also got 10% off parts, but that's another topic...). I basically get to choose from helmets from Parts Unlimited and Tucker Rocky. I currently use an HJC CL-14 (dealer threw it in with my first bike). I'm wanting something with subtler graphics and less wind noise. But I can't break the bank, as I already have on the S4R. A swanky Arai is out of the question. I actually really like the Suomy Spec 1R Capirossi replica, as it's not as busy looking as most other replicas, but it's kinda pricey. I was also looking at Sharks, but I've heard mixed reviews. Any ideas?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Ask your dealer to show you the new Suomy Vandal. No Capirossi replica but a few others that are close. $369.95 is suggested retail.

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
As long as it's SNELL/DOT approved, get what ever fits best and has the features
you can afford. With that said, there area still so many choices it comes down to
what you can afford IMO... [thumbsup]

·
Premium Member
507 Posts
check out the scorpion exo line. the 700 has more venting, but the 400 vents better than any of the hjc line, according to the reviews. i like www.helmetharbor.com for their impartial reviews and analysis. they say that if you didn't know the price, you'd think the scorpion was the same price as a high-end arai or shoei.

i only currently wear arai and shoei (and now a caberg), but the last time i was in the store i tried on a scorpion matte black helmet, and was really impressed w/ the fit finish for a helmet that costs only $200. i almost bought one because it was so cheap just to have around for when i rent harleys and stuff.

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
+1 on the Scorpion EXO 700. I love it. Only $200 and worth every cent.

Deuce

·
Premium Member
1,451 Posts
I'm a Shoei guy..just cuz they fit my head better.

A friend of mine has had 3 KBCs in the last 3 years...hes crashed that many times. They are affordable and to him..have been crash tested [laugh]

I've heard good things about the Scorpian line.

C

1 - 6 of 6 Posts