Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!

I'm finally getting around to formally introducing myself after being a lurker here for over a year. I'm Scott, live in Seattle, WA, and have been riding just over two years. I have two Monsters, a '00 M750 air cooled and carb'd, as well as a '05 S4R. Prior to motorcycles, I've been a volunteer driving coach for PCA and BMWCCA.

I love both bikes, but the S4R is like temptation from the dark side, seductively whispering in my ear, "faster, faster!" I'm conflicted because people depend on me at home, but I won't be stopping anytime soon. Because I love the bad boy attitude of the S4R so much, even though I'm not "bad" ;-), I'm getting tempted to add an adventure bike to the stable, like a BMW GS, to have fun at slower speeds, as well as commute.

In the meantime, I'm posting a request:

- Is anyone interested in swapping Speedymoto tall-boy clip-on risers? I recently installed brand new 3" tall boys. After riding them, I want to swap my 3" risers for someone's 2" risers.

Thanks, and cheers, Scott
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Fuel tank

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Fuel tank
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive fuel system
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Sky Plant

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the Asylum (belatedly)! Akira reference?

Sweet rides! Quite the impressive collection you have there :)
Thanks for the warm welcome. It's great to be here. I hope to become more of a contributor moving forward....

I wish those toys were mine! This is a storage facility in Seattle, The Shop. I park the S4R there. Lately, it's been positioned in between a Cobra and Ferrari. Not bad company. I love walking through the warehouse with people. It's like a Rorschach ink blot test, observing what people react to - exotic Italian, American muscle, vintage Euro, German, JDM, etc.

My favorite car(s) rotate. Some remarkable examples are the Cobras and vintage Italian stuff, American muscle, even an old P-car 904 and a bunch of 356s. Recently, a rare VW microbus with a custom roof that doubles as a removable boat was on display. The condition was mint. Pretty cool stuff....

Would you have any guidance on which forum I might post a request for interest in swapping clip-on risers? I'm running 3" rise, seeking a 2" rise. Thanks a million.

Scott

1 - 4 of 4 Posts