Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
saltlick said:
San Diego is like 74 degrees year round, even in dec and january. kind of hard to believe.
Yep, it's friggin awesome. [thumbsup]

Yesterday we went to Six Flags - Magic Mountain. >:D Schweeeeeeet. I'll upload some pics from my cell to photobucket at some later point.

Oh yeah, and in case anyone is tempted to actually move to SoCal... the traffic here makes Portland's rush hour look like a casual Sunday drive. :p I hate LA (Six Flags is in Valencia, we had to go through LA on the 5 - that blew).

·
Banned
583 Posts
duc_fan said:
Yep, it's friggin awesome. [thumbsup]

Yesterday we went to Six Flags - Magic Mountain. >:D Schweeeeeeet. I'll upload some pics from my cell to photobucket at some later point.

Oh yeah, and in case anyone is tempted to actually move to SoCal... the traffic here makes Portland's rush hour look like a casual Sunday drive. :p I hate LA (Six Flags is in Valencia, we had to go through LA on the 5 - that blew).
We took a trip to san diego last year, drove on the freeway from san diego to LA at 5pm! Stopped traffic in all lanes FOREVER. It took us two hours to go what should have taken us 15 minutes to drive. What if you have to pee? What if you have an attack of diarehea? these are the things old people like me worry about......

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
As promised... a couple pics from yesterday:

Generic photo of the main plaza when you enter the park... perfect weather (actually a little bit warm for my taste at 80+ degrees, but not unbearable). The ride in the background is Tatsu, which was down due to mechanical trouble, much to our chagrin. :-\

This was after we went on the ride "SCREAM". We got stuck when the car they were loading in front of us started to go... then suddenly stopped. Someone had panicked at the last second, so they had to go through this major procedure to let her get off the ride. We were stuck waiting in the harnesses for like 10 minutes.

The upside, though... toward the end of the day the lines were getting really small... we were able to go on the Batman ride 3 times in a row (because nobody was in line for our seats). That was kewl. [thumbsup]

Deja-Vu is also neat... you get hauled up backwards to kick off the ride with a face-first vertical drop. Then it comes to a stop on the other end, and you go back through the ride in reverse. It was awesome! >:D

Scream, Riddler's Revenge, Ninja, Viper, Goliath, Revolution... lots of cool coasters.

Today we slept in, recovering from yesterday. Then I get a scary call from my credit card co. about a fraudulent charge (a $200+ energy bill for some place in Michigan?!? Closed that card faster than you can say "fraud"!). :eek: Once all financial/identity crap was secured (after a couple hours of phone calls to card companies and my apt complex to check for a break-in), Dad and I went to the San Diego Aerospace Museum. I think the San Diego Zoo is on the docket for tomorrow. And of course, still enjoying the sunshine and perfect mild temps... 8)

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Today we checked out the San Diego Zoo.

Never seen a Panda in person before...

And I thought you guys/gals might get a kick out of this messed-up signage:

That tank is full of poo? :eek: No wonder it smells like nuts in there.

Random sidenote: If any of you are down here on a visit to San Diego, I recommend the foodage at City Delicatessen. Neat place, good stuff. [thumbsup]

·
Registered
3,991 Posts
<shakes head>

you're in sunny san diego and all you give us is a few shots of your mug, the back of some dewds head, and a bear

I'm disappointed in you

·
Premium Member
2,406 Posts
Yah, where are the pics of the churches, temples, and sacrificial virgins?

·
Registered
332 Posts
[laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Mother said:
<shakes head>

you're in sunny san diego and all you give us is a few shots of your mug, the back of some dewds head, and a bear

I'm disappointed in you
You expected something different from me, of all people? [cheeky]

If'n you wanna see what I think you wanna see... you need to buy your own plane ticket and go visit Mission Beach. ;)

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Shoe camera?

Who-da-whatta?

Why didn't somebody say so... I coulda delivered all sorts of great pics... >:D

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
[laugh]

Yeah... the thread started by the designated DML NW section prude... [cheeky]

Is this kinda like taking refuge in a church sanctuary?

21 - 40 of 42 Posts