Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love vacation...

I just wish I was 25... then I could rent a moto in this perfect weather! Ah well, maybe next year?

Well, hope y'all have a great rest of the week! [cheeky]

·
Premium Member
3,338 Posts
I see a taint comment in your future!

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
I rented a 1098 last time I was in Las Vegas. One of the nice perks of being old enough to things that Dan can not. ;D

Enjoy the weather!!

·
Premium Member
2,406 Posts
3 things:

1) Piss off
2) Fetus
C) Piss off you tall, skinny, young, full head of hair . . . #[email protected]$%#!$

·
Registered
104 Posts
RyanDalling said:
I rented a 1098 last time I was in Las Vegas. One of the nice perks of being old enough to things that Dan can not. ;D
I am going to be in Vegas in early april how much was the 1098 rental if you don't mind me asking?

·
Registered
271 Posts
duc_fan said:
I just wish I was 25... then I could rent a moto in this perfect weather! Ah well, maybe next year?

[cheeky]
Goober- ;)

If you have a current AIAA or SME membership (or many other professional societies) the rental car companies will let you rent from them even if you are under 25 yo.

At least, this was the case for me back in the day . . .

Advice from the old grey guy - keep your memberships current.

J

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I work for Rockwell Collins... I can rent cars (even sports cars). It's just the motorcycle companies that don't care.

2 more months (birthday is in May).

I'll just have to make another trip down here. ;D

·
Registered
271 Posts
duc_fan said:

Well, hope y'all have a great rest of the week! [cheeky]
Oh, you wrote m o t o :eek:. Not "car". I am the f***ing Goober. Old. Can't read, either.

Feel free to fling nuts on me whenever.

Have fun in the Diego.

Sincerely,

John - the old f***ing goober.

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Loud clutches save lives. [thumbsup] I love that shirt too. For anyone who's wondering, you should be able to get one from Jeff at Monsterparts. I got mine when he brought a bunch to sell at Ducati NW last year.

JD... "Old" is a state of mind. ;) One who has a haute English wife and rides an S4Rs cannot possibly be old.

You're right though, I still need to keep my AIAA membership current. I've been slacking on that one... :-[

Ah, and it isn't all sunshine and daylillies down here... the friggin lines at SeaWorld were atrocious. Magic Mountain is prolly gonna be worse (planning to hit that up on Sunday). :p T'was still really cool to pet the dolphins, watch the Orcas, pet stingrays (well, technically they were Bat Rays)... oh, and did you all know that the Busch hospitality center there serves free beer? Gotta stay in the beer garden grounds (no meandering around the park with an open beer cup), but that was still a nice touch. Too bad it was all cheap-o beer... but at least it was free. [thumbsup]

·
Premium Member
2,406 Posts
duc_fan said:
. . . pet the dolphins
In public? Isn't that how Pee Wee and George Michael got in trouble?! ;)

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'll ignore that one.... [cheeky]

So here's a couple cell-phone camera pics from today's excursion...

We went and checked out the boardwalk at Mission Beach:

And we went and visited the Hotel del Coronado, a historic hotel, built in 1888 (celebrating its 120th anniversary this year):

There's a lot more to it than that, but the rotunda is the most distinctive part of the architecture. Really cool pool area, too, like something out of a 1960's James Bond movie. [thumbsup]

Tomorrow we're off to 6 Flags. ;D

·
Premium Member
3,338 Posts
I used to get drunk on Mission beach, and lived on Coronado Island. :p

1 - 20 of 42 Posts