Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking about buying a 94 M900. It's in pretty bad shape but runs pretty good. Needs a lot of TLC. Needs new battery, chain/sprockets, tires, back brake work. Missing all body panels and mud guard. Dry clutch is making a lot more noise than I'm accustomed to with wet clutch bikes. Can anyone give me tips on what to look for when buying one of these? Guy is asking $2500 but I'll bet I can get it for $1000-1500. Should I just spend the extra money and get a nicer one?

Thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Your range of 1000 - 1500 sounds acceptable given the miles are low. The dry Ducati clutch has a distinct sound. Check YouTube for some clips to compare...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the feedback

Thanks Jason. How long have you had your M900? Is there a lot of maintenance keeping it running well? Do you do all the work yourself?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Same story here. Got a great deal on a 95 M900 and then spent about $1500 on crab rebuild, steering head bearings, battery, regulator, etc...

But now I know it's good to go. Chances are if you spend $3,000 you'll still have to deal with crap anyway. They are almost 20yrs old....

Buy one cheap and spend the cash. That's my vote.

Thanx, Danny

1 - 5 of 5 Posts