Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I've been an admiror of the the Ducati monster for some time, I'm thinking of the 1100 for me and a little smaller cc version for her.. I have a 09 H-D ultra classic for "us" and I also have a 09 CVO 110" Fat Bob and She has and 06 Super glide. We use the "ours" bikes for around town close to home. We're thinking of selling two of them and keeping the "Geezer Glide" ; ) for long trips. I'm 6'4" with some back problems and need the Geezer Glide for long trips as it has a driver back rest and it's comphy for me on long trips. I've never riden a Monster and was wondring if there were any "taller " riders out there and how an 1100 monster would fit me.
Thanks for any help and Happy riding !!! :cool:

·
Registered
156 Posts
Gregg628, I cannot speak from the taller rider standpoint as I am 5' 10 but I do have a thought for you. I have an M1100S and just last week I installed the Ducati comfort seat. This seat, besides helping preserve your "jewels" under hard braking also raises the riding position a bit.

At my height, I do not feel cramped at all riding, if anything I maybe feel a little bit of a stretch to the bars. Maybe some Rizoma risers in the future? With that said, I would not think that with your height and back problems that you should have any problems. Hopefully your dealer is relatively close to you so you can maybe get a test ride and they could give you a better idea of the comfort seat and bar riser options.

Good luck. I absolutely love my M1100S. They are awesome bikes to ride and I am sure you will enjoy if you decide to purchase.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks you SJS, Good info, I'm 47 and have rode since I was 9. I've rode MX up untill I was 45 and still have my 06 KX450F. A car ended all that in 08 on my Wide Glide I had at the time. I've never owned a bike with the riding position such as the Ducati Monster. But like I said, I've read great things about them and I still love to ride. They're Just Cool ;D We actually met a girl a couple of weeks ago traveling from New York to LA on a Monster (Not sure which one) and she was riding 600 miles a day and said she loved it. The dealers close to me are about 200 miles away, but the good thing is one of my best buds son is a certified Ducati mech. I'm not sure why there is not a dealer here in Wichita KS. Hmmm, maybe an opportunity there ;)

·
Registered
156 Posts
We share a similar background in that I started riding also at age 9. I raced MX, cross country and enduro for years finally hangin' up the gear in my early 40's. I am now 51 and have thousands of road miles behind me and for my riding style, the M1100S is the best bike I have ever owned or ridden. I did not want a touring bike, cruiser or all out sport bike. I wanted a very competent bike to go out and have fun with on a week night after work or a nice Saturday or Sunday morning ride. With your MX background, trust me, you will feel right at home on this bike, I know I did. Yeah, you are leaned forward a bit but the wider bars, light weight and overall feeling of nimbleness about this bike will make you feel very comfortable the first few times you ride it.

Keep the board posted if you decide to purchase.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks again, your getting me pumped up to ride one now;D May have to find buyers for The CVO Fat Bob and the Super Glide. At this point I'd keep the Ultra Classic for 2 up riding/traveling. Yep, need to ride the Monster:cool:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts