Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys,
i used to ride years back (owned a Honda CBR 600 F2) but sold the bike after having 2 friends get into accidents. i am now itching to get back into bikes and just love the Monsters so am starting to do research as to which specific year/model i should consider. if you have any suggestions, please feel free to share as i do my research.

some back ground info. am 5'9 and about 145lbs. first bike was the F2. although it was quick in the straights, i did not fully learn the cornering or braking capabilities of the bike. i am not one who races and would not be comfortable "racing" on the street, pushing the bike near 100%. i did enjoy the power on the highways though or the lack of having to downshift to the lowest gear to pass a car.

my riding will consist mostly of weekend in town rides with an occasional trip up to the north georgia mountains.

right now, i am leaning towards the s2r (from the limited knowledge that i have) based on the single sided swingarm...i just love the look. i believe that is the first and smallest monster to have that, if not, please let me know.

thanks all.

fred

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hi marty,
thank you for the offer but i believe i should look at the 800, not the 1000. i'm a pretty small guy so the 1000 would be too much for me i think. good luck with the sale though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts