Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Kia ora from New Zealand.

Greetings to the forum members wherever you may be in the world.

Thirteen months ago the petrol in my veins rose to the surface and I bought a 2016 Triumph Street twin.
This was after no riding for forty years, yes forty years, I am 68 years old.
Now after 9000kms and thirteen months I am yearning to try a Ducati.

In years past (distant past) I have owned a K1 Honda 750 four and a Yamaha 650 XS2 before turning to trials riding.

I am looking for some advice from the knowledgeable members here about what model might be best for me.
I am 5'6" 165cm and weigh 70kgs.
I am liking the look of the 821 but should I consider the 796? or something else? maybe the Monster1100?

My Triumph is 900cc with a modest HP rating but strong torque so I have ruled out the 659 engined bikes.

Any thoughts, opinions, comments are welcome.

Thanks in advance

Regards
John
Munter,
First of all, welcome to the forum - hope you find the bike that sings to you and I hope it’s a Monster.
Like most other respondents, I will not pretend to be an expert on the topic of Monsters.
With that out of the way, let me share one thought, though… the year of the Monster.
I fell in love with the Monsters back in the early 2000’s and only managed to buy the first one in 2013 - an 1100evo. Had to sell it in 2016 and it gutted me as I couldn’t find a way to bring it with me when we moved. It is such an appealing bike for me that last year, I bought the same model again. The problem I am facing right now is that for any parts or mods that are not directly related to maintenance (so standard service parts). For example, I’ve been looking for a Remus Hypercone Exhaust… impossible to find anymore. Passenger grab handles? No longer made and No one seems to have them.
Hence, recommend you look for something a bit more recent as it appears you like to get your hands dirty and do some maintenance/upgrades.
My recommendation would likely go towards the 821.

Safe riding!
Mareck

1 - 1 of 1 Posts