Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have any FHE? Unless someone tells me this is a bad idea I think i'm gonna go ahead and get one...so speak up and keep me from throwing away some money

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
I have heated seats in my GMC,Volvos,BMW,Miata(I added these), and my Z28. I love heated seats. once you have them, you don't want seats w/o them. the kits run about $135.00 approx for the car seat each and come with an oem looking switch. What kit were you looking into? I never thought of putting a heated seat kit on the bike.....what a great I idea [thumbsup]

·
Premium Member
1,930 Posts
I have them in my Tahoe and I definately think you need a 3 position switch. Hi/Lo/Off.

Once it gets too warm its uncomfortable, makes you feel like you have to take a 10-200 (Bandit-Speak), and roasted jublees is not cool.

Before I would ever look into that on the bike, I'd go heated hand grips. My hands, regardless of glove style, always get coldest first.

·
Banned
522 Posts
Check with BMW. Some Beemers have heated seats as an option. You may source used seat from crashed bike and use the pad on your seat.

·
Registered
975 Posts
I hear the 749 and 999 have great seat heaters, stock.

·
Registered
6,149 Posts
Dietrich said:
I hear the 749 and 999 have great seat heaters, stock.

[thumbsup] [thumbsup] [thumbsup]

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
MichMonsterS4 said:
that looks just like the kits I install [thumbsup] but cheaper $$ . Do it !
Great....cause I already ordered it. Went to a movie yesterday afternoon before the superbowl. Warm on the way there but froze my ass off on the way back. Normally that wouldn't have made me jump to get the thing cause well it's not the first time i've been cold on the bike. But when I dropped the girl I brought with me off and she's like "I had a really good time" (by the way she's never been on a bike before and it shows) but she's shivering and her lips are blue....I figured it might be good form to say a heated seat was on the way.....then come home and order it :angel:

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok so i got the seat installed this weekend. need to clean up the staples for the seat cover...gonna try and fine a pnumatic gun instead of the old mechanical one...and i need to find a nice place to mount the switch...but aside from that

damn.....10 minutes on high and i had to get my but off the seat for a second and turn it to low....i mean damn.....leave your bike out in august in florida all day then sit on it with a pair of shorts hot. definately gonna help those moring rides to work [thumbsup] [thumbsup]

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
when I hook up my electricals for my heated grips, I'm gonna tap in 1 red LED bulb in my dash cluster to remind me that I have them on. I'm going to hook up to a switched power, but I'm one of those techies that likes switches and lights [thumbsup]. hey surfdog, can you feel the heat grid in the seat? I wasn't sure if you put it over or under the cushion. you have a plug to disconnect the heater when you take off the seat? pics pics pics

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
MichMonsterS4 said:
I wasn't sure if you put it over or under the cushion.
yes...I was curious of this myself...and did you take pictures for doing a "How-To" write up for those considering doing this in the future?...

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
zooom said:
yes...I was curious of this myself...and did you take pictures for doing a "How-To" write up for those considering doing this in the future?...
well i thought about that.....but then was like mand these aren't gonna look good :-\ actually it pretty much looks fine....the only problem is getting the staples in. i need a pnumatic or electrical gun...something with more than the old mechanical squeez lever ones...plus you can't get the angle with those anyway.

I'll try and get some pics tomorrow. gonna be raining all day today.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts