Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the best heated grip product out there right now for the monster?

I was recommended a style where they velcro over the top of the grip...any good websites or info you can pass along to me?

Thanks!

dP

·
Registered
377 Posts
Get the Dual Star set-up from the link below:
http://www.dual-star.com/index2/Rider/heated_grip_kit1.htm

The kit costs 30 bucks and works great. They glue to your bar under the grips. Very easy to install and easy to use. Just keep them turned off in the summer.

I used the kit on my KTM that gets beat to death and they still work fine after a year.

·
Registered
735 Posts
I am in the process of installing a set of the dual star grip heaters. They come highly recommended from others on this site and a couple of my riding buddies. Nothing better than toasty fingers when it is still cold out.

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
I'm also using the Dual-Star units. They work well and have different heating grids for the throttle and clutch sides. I used a set of heaters from Enduro Engineering before. I think they may have put out more heat, but were not as well designed. They used a dropping resistor for the low temp setting where the Dual-Stars use different size elements. Also, the heat on the clutch side was noticeably less because of the direct contact with the metal handlebar (I found later that a wrap of tape around the bar first would have taken care of this!). The Dual-Star gets around this by using a larger (more heat) element on the clutch side. Either one makes cool (or cold) weather riding more enjoyable. And that's a good thing, right??

Eddie

P.S.-Haven't heard about the ones that wrap over the existing grips. Interesting idea, though.

·
Premium Member
283 Posts
I don't have the grip heaters but I can vouch for the quality of Dual Star products. I have a few on the KLR and they are all excellent.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, after a few posts saying the dual stars are the best, I logged on and found out that they are local to me (10 minutes from my house).

Called them up, ordered a pair, and picked it up later on that night! These guys have great customer service, they saw that I was in a pinch, and really helped me out.

Two thumbs up for their CS...hopefully the same will hold true to the product. ;D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi, low, and off.

They also sell an adjuster that is like a volume knob, infinite settings and what not.

Quite slick actually.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Does anyone have a pict of the kit installed? Just curious as to what it looks like mounted. Oct rides in MN can be cold as hell.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts