Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of getting some heated grips - is there a difference between getting some heated grips with the actual grips or just getting the heating component and slipping them under your current grips?

Additionally, I had a friend who got some heated grips (with grips) and the grips ended up being a little too long (it was not a Duc). She had to razor blade off the tips of the grips and still wasn't sure about putting the end caps on because they might cause friction on the throttle (auto-cruise control).

Let me know what grips you have for your Duc

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
42 Posts
The way I see it there are generally two types of heated grips you can install (correct me if I'm wrong :) ). Those where the heating elements are built into the rubber grip, or those that mount under the rubber grips. I personally go with the warm n safe kit, where I mount the heating elements under the rubber grips. I like this kind cause, while it's a little more complicated to install, these types of kits allow me to run any type of rubber grip I choose. And when I want to replace the grips, it's easy to install the new rubber over the already installed heating element.

One suggestion though. For the left (clutch) grip, put some heatshrink tubing on the handlebar prior to installing the heating element. This will insulate the element from the bar so you heat your hand, not the bar. It's a small trick a friend taught me.

Enjoy!

·
Premium Member
260 Posts
+1 to everything barkertodd said. Aluminum bars will absorb all the heat on the clutch side without some sort of insulation. I use a set my wife got me from dual-star, they'll even send the heat shrink and have a couple different switch options.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts