·
Premium Member
2,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which you ride?

·
Registered
4,309 Posts
Heated grips are nice, but it's tough to find a spot for a switch on a monster, and you really need handguards to make them fully effective.

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
heated grips are awesome , but remember they heat the palm of your hand...heated liners will heat the top surface of your hands where the wind hits them

also, installing handguards, while pretty ugly do a great job of blocking the wind for the winter.

the key is to get your "core" up to temp so your body doesnt go into "self preservation" mode and suck the blood flow from your extremities.
heated jacket liners will basically help keep your hands warmer by heating up your torso

·
Premium Member
1,208 Posts
the key is to get your "core" up to temp so your body doesnt go into "self preservation" mode and suck the blood flow from your extremities.
heated jacket liners will basically help keep your hands warmer by heating up your torso
I just got this battery run heated vest--> http://www.webbikeworld.com/r3/heated-vest/battery-heated-vest/

Works great for keeping the core warm... [thumbsup]

·
Registered
170 Posts
I just installed some heated grips, and they certainly run hot, because i didn't get the bike specific ones i have to go get a piece of plastic tubing to put on the clutch side so they run at hte same temp. I'm not a fan of glove liners just cuz i don't like the bulky feeling.

·
Registered
333 Posts
i had heated grips and now have heated gloves. liked them each for different reasons. the grips were nice because you don't have to fuss with the wiring in your jacket and they were great for cool spring rides when i needed to take the chill out-just flicked them on and i had the regulator to control the heat. on those rides i would not have worn the heated gloves so the grips are nice for that reason. like the guys said they only warm your palm. i think in combo with hand guards they would do quite well in cold temps.

the gloves are the warmest though and the new gerbing g3s are a pretty nice glove-not to bulky. the wiring on the back of the fingers can be a bit annoying, but i'm so happy to have warm hands and be able to ride that it doesn't bother me after a while. i only have had them a few weeks and the temps have been relatively warm so i don't have a lot of time in with them.

just my .02,
julie

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
I have a set of heated grips and love them. one reason i prefer them is because you never have to remember to bring them along, they are always there. Yeah the top of your hand doesn't get direct heat, but you wont notice.

If i were planning to do a lot of touring across the country, yeah id get electric gloves and vest. But for around town stuff and weekend rides, the grips are fine.

only $26 http://www.casporttouring.com/store/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=dual_star_e

·
Premium Member
346 Posts
I see that the grip warmer electro pads sits underneath the rubber grips. Do they make the grips slip at all? Condisering that it'll make your grips fatter, how does that affect the handling if the bike?

G

·
I'd installed heated grips on my monster and it was good. The downside is a at speed, the wind robs you of the heat, thus proving not effective. I had the switch mounted on my headlamp bracket.

I owned a BMW Dakar with heated grips and handguards and they excelled! Combine with the gerbing heated gloves and you'll be in heaven.

My experience says, for a Monster, but a heated grip kit (not the pads that slip under the grips) and/or Gerbing heated gloves.
[thumbsup]

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
Dynamic213 said:
I see that the grip warmer electro pads sits underneath the rubber grips. Do they make the grips slip at all? Condisering that it'll make your grips fatter, how does that affect the handling if the bike?
only when their hot you can rotate the grips, i never see it as a problem just dont grip the grips so hard. their about as thin as duct tape so you won't notice the size difference, and no affect to the handeling.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts