Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
heated clothing info - Split from marco's thread

You can get tem for 60 even 50 on ebay...i've been considering it....also considering a cheap drrrt bike or heated gloves. Hmmmm

·
Premium Member
4,093 Posts
Marco and his Aprilia( and heated clothing info)

Paper5tr3et7 said:
You can get tem for 60 even 50 on ebay...i've been considering it....also considering a cheap drrrt bike or heated gloves. Hmmmm
umm, I guess heated gloves would be more pratical!!

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

DUCnHAR said:
umm, I guess heated gloves would be more pratical!!
Definetly thinking about the gloves....and putting a 916 tail on the monster. >:D

·
Premium Member
2,219 Posts

DUCnHAR said:
gerbing has a pair of light weight textile heated gloves , I think I am gonna try, my Widders are so bulky they won't fit over or under my textile jacket sleeves.
i had the textile ones and they kept shredding at the seams on the fingers. they were nice and toasty though, and waterproof!

i got teh new G3 gloves and they are ok, not as thick, so they aren't as warm, and they arent' waterproof. but they also havne't fallen apart after 2 months of near constant use.

·
Premium Member
4,093 Posts

KnightofNi II said:
i had the textile ones and they kept shredding at the seams on the fingers. they were nice and toasty though, and waterproof!

i got teh new G3 gloves and they are ok, not as thick, so they aren't as warm, and they arent' waterproof. but they also havne't fallen apart after 2 months of near constant use.
did you report that to Gerbing....what'd they say....were they the $89 dollar ones??

these???

·
Premium Member
2,219 Posts

DUCnHAR said:
did you report that to Gerbing....what'd they say....were they the $89 dollar ones??

these???

yes those..i reported it each time and all they did was replace them.
karen at ken carr was great help as well. she did the exchange for me right there so i had gloves still.

·
Premium Member
4,093 Posts

KnightofNi II said:
yes those..i reported it each time and all they did was replace them.
karen at ken carr was great help as well. she did the exchange for me right there so i had gloves still.
was that just last winter, you think they changed the design since then??? made a better glove...?

·
Premium Member
2,219 Posts

DUCnHAR said:
was that just last winter, you think they changed the design since then??? made a better glove...?
honestly, no. i don't think they changed the design.
this all started about jan last year. i went through 3 pairs of gloves before spring because they kept shredding. i havne't heard of anyone else having this problem. it's possible that i just got a bad batch of gloves.
you ride pretty much daily too don't you? i'm wondering if they would have been better for an occasional commuter.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts

Could you paint something along the seam to provide extra strength? Sounds like the weave is unravelling.

·
Premium Member
2,219 Posts

lauramonster said:
Could you paint something along the seam to provide extra strength? Sounds like the weave is unravelling.
yes..that's how i should have put it to begin with. it's nylon and the weave was coming apart. good call laura!
i don't know what you could paint on there. it would need to be flexible, waterproof, and last for a while. the fingers are constantly flexing and moving so that's a tough order i think

·
Registered
348 Posts

Outdoorsy/hiking store.. tent seam sealer

·
Registered
1,000 Posts

tent seam sealer sounds like it should do the trick. I was thinking of the paint on stuff that they put on the bottom of socks to keep them form being slippery. I've seen it on the palms of gloves. I'll keep an eye out for it next time I'm at the craft store.

sodark said:
Hey, this thread is supposed to be about me....i'm Italian made...what about me???
me me memememememememememe me.

okay, never mind, back to hand warmers and other crap that isn't about me.

;)
What's this incessant buzzing???? I can't quite make it out - probably just a pesky buzzing fly, or some kind of white noise that no one pays any attention to anyway... ;)

·
Premium Member
4,093 Posts
Re: Marco and his Aprilia( and heated clothing info)

lauramonster said:
yeah, but thats crazy, I don't want to buy a pair of gloves and have to fix them before they break!! they need to come to me in perfectly good working order...or I ani't buying them!! [cheeky]

·
Premium Member
2,219 Posts
Re: Marco and his Aprilia( and heated clothing info)

DUCnHAR said:
yeah, but thats crazy, I don't want to buy a pair of gloves and have to fix them before they break!! they need to come to me in perfectly good working order...or I ani't buying them!! [cheeky]
agreed.
if it's a bike i can accept needing to do stuff to it to make it suit me better.

with clothing, esp when it costs that much, i can't accept that.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts