Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems like the hotter my engine gets the less clutch I get. As it reaches 200 degrees the clutch starts to grab with just a slight release, if that makes sense.

I took it my bike in today and the guy said that it's not leaking. That I should just keep riding it. But I am pretty sure something is wrong.

I think something is wrong with the hydraulics on my clutch. The fluid when I look thru the tiny window looks cloudy compared to the brake fluid.

What do I need to do to resetup the whole hydraulic thing. Replacing the fluid and removing air bubbles. Not really sure how the whole things works. If there is a site someone can recommend that would be cool.

this is my second post on this so maybe I over reacting. But the bike is a new 800 and I am obsessed heh.

travis

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
a lot of possibilities....starting with how much you use the clutch. Do you sit at lights in gear with the clutch held in?

A cooking clutch gets very grabby as the plates swell from heat...so next question; Is the clutch fully engaging when it is released or have you detected slippage? which would heat up the plates as well

and lastly bleed the system thoroughly (DOT4)

Clutch bleeding instructions can be found of the Evoluzione site for their replacement slave that are generic enough to use as a guide

Also search the boards here for borg_girl's recent post on her experiences

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
just took it in and dropped it off. Will find out soon enough. the fluid was getting pretty cloudy.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It was airbubbles I guess. They fixed it and am going to go pick it up now. Damn cool thought I was just paranoid.

travis

1 - 4 of 4 Posts