Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While porting my heads I checked my valve guide clearance. My 0.0001 indicator took a spin around the dial! This means my exhaust valve guides are out double the allowable MAX of .0031 set by Ducati. I guess it's new guides for me too.

It never seemed like I was burning oil but my buddy always said my bike had a distinct smell to it when he drove behind me. All this with only 11K miles

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
prince_ruben said:
I think your Dad wants a first hand contribution in this! [thumbsup]
Oh I think you are more than right!

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My intake ports...lil'bit of work done ;D

I have been crazy busy at work. Every day until at least 10PM but I took time for this pic....

Attachments

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
b.h. said:
the extra 1.472 hp is going to rock your world [cheeky]
So true! I was waiting for this comment. I can only hope I am putting that extra 1.472 HP to the ground and not at the crank [laugh]

I am simply crazy..

G

·
Zatoichi931 said:
My intake ports...lil'bit of work done ;D

I have been crazy busy at work. Every day until at least 10PM but I took time for this pic....
IP's looking good. Looks like an expensive ice tray!

·
Registered
917 Posts
Zatoichi931 said:
So true! I was waiting for this comment. I can only hope I am putting that extra 1.472 HP to the ground and not at the crank [laugh]

I am simply crazy..
Nah, you're not crazy. you had the head apart anyway. If I had the tools, skill, and know-how I would have done the same thing. just cause it's fun.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
just cause it's fun.

That's exactly the reason. Right on the money

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I started to machine some manganese bronze guides but I realized I didn't have guide seals yet. The stock ones are super expensive so I am looking at some replacement options that will fit the stock guide. If they don't I need to modify my guides to except the new dimension. Of course I might have already wasted time on one guide.

Other than that I haven't done much other that work until almost 10 every night. It has been crazy! Updates soon though I promise [thumbsup]

G

·
I thought you were gonna just replace the one guide? :-\
I found some yellow bodywork on ebay for your 758 that was priced pretty low. Not sure if you started that project.

R.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
prince_ruben said:
I thought you were gonna just replace the one guide? :-\
I found some yellow bodywork on ebay for your 758 that was priced pretty low. Not sure if you started that project.

R.
One guide...look who you are talking too! ;D Nope, Manganese Bronze Cal'custom and profiled guides [laugh] for me. I figured it was time to do it up right (to a point anyway). I like the experience and I know my stuff will be right when I am done.

I was thinking of maybe 998 race bodywork that I could just paint up and put frame sliders thru. that would run $400 plus paint. Ahhhh..spending money has to stop

Didn't start any of that yet...

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
some sweetness...cal'custom machined and dropped in pronto (on one head anyway)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
190 Posts
Fine looking, they are!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts