Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Does the Chatterbox use the FRS frequencies? The setup I have uses a standard FRS radio so I can talk to the wife and kids while I'm riding and they are in the truck. :) Don't ask how I managed that! ;)

S

·
0 Posts
SHURE sells in-ear isolation earphones that do well. They are isolation earphones and so they attenuate external sounds (depends on the model)
here is a link :

http://www.shure.com/psm/earphones/default.asp

I have used one of these and they are very comfortable "in ear". Although i have not tried wearing a helmet over it.

They work well. The only glitch : they cost about $100 a pair or more coz they are a part of some professional series.
-Spaceman.

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
I have found that singing is alot of fun while riding. Nothing like belting out some "I think I Love You" or "Copacabana" while you are wizzing through the twisties. I may sound like a dog that got hit by a car inside my helmet, but no one outside can hear a thing over my pipes.. at the Copa, Copacabana, the hottest spot north of Havana..... try getting that tune out of your head now. Its like crack for the soul. :p

S

·
0 Posts
I am ALWAYS singing in my helmet. It's the only place I can get away with it ::) In fact..on road trips one of my friends and I always discuss what different songs were playing in our respective heads for the trip. Silly huh ;D

·
Premium Member
6,957 Posts
hmmm... heard good things and bad things about the Chatterbox line - i have an old version (the boxy lookin' one) - battery finally gave out after multiple recharges - couldn't find a new battery so it's sitting dead in the water somewhere in storage.
cordless phone battery from target or radio shack will work.
replacement chatterbox battery is like $15
avail wherever you buy the units

·
Registered
53 Posts
Anyone know if it's legal in CA to have anything in your ears under the helmet (specifically music)? I dont know if I'd ever even want to do that, just curious.

-DC

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
law permits to have attenuating ear plugs if it's specifically designed to prevent hearing loss. any other types of applications are prohibited.

i.e. earplugs are fine since you are wearing them to protect your hearing.

·
Premium Member
186 Posts
just picked up a set of etymotic er6's. haven't had a chance to test them out on a long ride but they seem to be fine so far.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I love listening to music when I ride but I found the in ear buds uncomfortable and distracting when they come out or the wire gets hitched on something (jacket, wind, odd pull). I bought a SENA 10 S which links to my iPhone and put in earplugs and the sound and overall ride are much more comfortable as far as music and road noise. If I turn the headset off I can still listen to my motorcycle without the "helmet wind". I wear a Shoei RF-1100.

:)

Oh yea: "A person operating a motor vehicle or bicycle may not wear a headset covering, or earplugs in, both ears". So you can wear one but not two.

...what's up with those cagers wearing Apple earbuds while driving? I've seen quite a few of those lately.

41 - 56 of 56 Posts