Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy Gang,

The headlight on my '97 M750 vibrates like mad.

Any fix for this?

Thanks,
John

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
have you gone over all the mounting bolts to make sure they are snug and tight?....some things can shake loose over time!

·
Premium Member
2,089 Posts
yeah, i don't know them to shake abnormally much

·
Registered
8,324 Posts
There are also 2 plastic bushings at the top of the u bracket. Make sure they're in place.

·
Premium Member
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks gang.

Appreciate the knowledge.

·
Registered
8,324 Posts
10/10ths said:
Thanks gang.

Appreciate the knowledge.
So, did you find a problem?

·
Premium Member
2,089 Posts
Yeah, we're all curious

·
Premium Member
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oops, sorry to keep ya'll in suspense.

Forgive me, my bike is in many parts at my technician's home. I'm waiting on my heads to arrive from Guy Martin at MBP. He's replacing the valves, valve guides, exhaust valve seats, and installing his valve collets. He's also replacing my pulleys with the new style which will allow me to run the "round tooth" timing belts.

Got my tank, fairing, and seat cowl back from DucPainter as I posted earlier, looks freakin' awesome by the way, so I posted the headlight question in order to give my technician an idea of what to look for as he puts the bike back together.

The bike's at his home, so I don't know if he has fixed it and no way to tell until she's back on the road anyway. I'm just waiting for my heads.......Waiting.........Waiting..................Aaaaaaarrrrrgggghhhh!!!!!!

Sorry, I miss my Monster.

At least it's 40 degrees and raining here for the last month so if she's going to be down, now is the time.

I pledge to update everyone as soon as she's back together and on the road.. If I even remember how to ride a motorcycle at that point.

Please keep posting on this list so I can get my Monster fix vicariously through all of you.

Cheers.

·
Premium Member
2,089 Posts
;D

Ok, sounds good.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts