Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
-If you have the bikini faring on, remove it.
-There are 2 bolts on the back of the headlight just above the lower triple clamp. They are rubber isolators so you have to hold them when you loosen the nuts to keep them from spinning (and perhaps damaging them.)
-Once they are out you need to disconnect the electrical connector. (You'll lose your trip odo data when you do that)
-At this point you lift the entire light assembly up and slightly back. Keep an eye on the rubber grommets that the 'fingers' slide in to, they come out very easily. A bit of weatherseal adhesive will keep you from losing them.
-There are 3 bulbs in the light and each one is held in place with a fiddley little clip. Try not to bend them up.
-Finally, remember not to touch the bulbs with your fingers, or you'll be doing this again very soon.

Re-assembly is the same, but remember if you didn't do the weatherstrip adhesive trick, the grommets will fly out if you look at them the wrong way, and dont forget to hold the isolators when you tighten the screws so they don't twist and break.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Tony, that's a great help. I notice in your sig that you have a Powermap. Is that an ECU emulator that will help me enrichen the mixture? These things sure run lean.

thanks again.

·
Registered
3 Posts
thanks

Thanks Tony,what kind of bulb should I use, is it a commercial bulb? or is it hard to find in regular stores? let me know, thanks!

i own a 696 and I want to change the bulb of my headlight, beacuse it is not turning on after I start the bike not the high or low bulb, and the blue light on the dashboard doesnt go off at any time, so I think the bulb went bad right? What kind of bulb should I get?
Please le me know, thanks!

·
Registered
61 Posts
PIAA bulb works awesome too I might add, not really a night & day improvement but definaltely a difference!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts