Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like the look of the stock fairing. I have decided to upgrade my triple on my 1999 M900 to a CycleCat unit. This does not have the bracket mounting option for the stock fairing of my year monster. It does, however, have the places to mount a 2000+ windscreen.

Since I have just had my fairing custom painted by Speedzone I'm a little bummed I'm going to be upgrading to a newer piece.

With that said, does anybody know a vendor for said headlight fairing? I'm looking for reasonably priced as I will have to have it striped to match anyhow.

The only vendor I have found where the cost is reasonable is RedRacing.

Any thoughts? Help a brother out.

·
Premium Member
1,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The stock 98-99 fairing mounts with large steel brackets that use the pinch bolts to mount it. It doesn't flap like the 2000+ style from the factory due to these brackets.

The CycleCat triple uses a different angle for the the pinch bolt to go in, and appears to only use one. Regardless, the stock style ones can't mount up.

The 98-99 fairing uses a totally different mounting setup than the 2000+ and thus I can't just move to the new brackets and attempt to fab something up. It'd be a very large and complicated venture when it appears that the change to the new fairing is the [easier] way out.

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
fair enough, I've got a fairing you can use, but I promised someone else that they could try it out first, so I'll have to let you know if it is still available... probably in a week or so... so just check back with me in a week if you haven't found something already...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts