Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was trying to find a post regarding swapping the low beam headlight bulb for a silverstar ultra, or other higher intensity (non hid) bulb, but came up with nothing. If someone can help me, or direct me to a post regarding how to change the low beam bulb on a 09 696, it would be much appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Coming from another newbie, it's easy. All you need to do is remove 2 nuts behind the front light, one on each side(near the forks). Then lift the whole thing up. Remove the screws from the back cover. Twist the lights off, and replace. You shouldn't have any problems.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Coming from another newbie, it's easy. All you need to do is remove 2 nuts behind the front light, one on each side(near the forks). Then lift the whole thing up. Remove the screws from the back cover. Twist the lights off, and replace. You shouldn't have any problems.

Just wondering which bulb you used to replace the stock one, if it made a noticeable difference and if you have any pics of your install. Thanks

·
Registered
16 Posts
I got my from bimmerxenon.com. To be honest, as far as from rider's prospective, it's hard to tell the difference. The biggest thing is you are more noticeable by other drivers, which is a big plus for safety. I'll try to take some pics and post them.

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
I just wanted to say i went the extra cash ($159.00) and put in HID system. Both high and low beam It makes a world of difference. The Balasts mounted easily near the air box and on the cooling screen. I will upload pics this weekend. Just a thought.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Bazarath - I'm assuming this is on a Monster 696/1100? Can you post pictures of the HID lights when you have some time? Would like to see where the ballast is mounted too if possible.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just wondering which bulb you used to replace the stock one, if it made a noticeable difference and if you have any pics of your install. Thanks

Thanks for the kind welcomes.....made my day! my grouchy old cat likes things her way..period...she is one of a kind (we all say that dont we?!) actually we are tied at the hip so even look a bit alike, being a bit portly....i had my last "tied at the hip" friend till he was 18 yrs. old...bluepoint siamese...jees i loved that cat..i still see him around and its been 20 yrs since he walked through the veil. i will see if i can get some pix on soon...of dogs too...got some awesome photos...just have to figure it out how to put them on...i am old but not stupid so who knows, maybe even today!!!!! had the dogs since they were wee little puppies, so they are still my babies...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks for the kind welcomes.....made my day! my grouchy old cat likes things her way..period...she is one of a kind (we all say that dont we?!) actually we are tied at the hip so even look a bit alike, being a bit portly....i had my last "tied at the hip" friend till he was 18 yrs. old...bluepoint siamese...jees i loved that cat..i still see him around and its been 20 yrs since he walked through the veil. i will see if i can get some pix on soon...of dogs too...got some awesome photos...just have to figure it out how to put them on...i am old but not stupid so who knows, maybe even today!!!!! had the dogs since they were wee little puppies, so they are still my babies...
I starting to like this forum. Now if Tiger Woods can say out of trouble maybe I will get some work done.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts