Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have experience with Rev'It Balaclava?
http://www.revitusa.net/acatalog/Thermal_Wear.html

Please share your experience with these or *better* gear.
I ordered UnderAmour coldgear hood, but not sure if it is going to be enough.

Any other suggestion for keeping my head warm would be most appreciated ;D

·
Registered
541 Posts
It's amazing buy it now, bought one for this winter and It's now an essential winter gear piece.

·
Premium Member
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Paper5tr3et7 said:
It's amazing buy it now, bought one for this winter and It's now an essential winter gear piece.
Which brand?

·
Registered
3,542 Posts
I got one thats made by River Road. Its winstopper everywhere but on top of the head and thats coolmax. Works great even when it's very cold, my head doesnt sweat and the material is thin enough that i my head doenst feel like its in a vice when i have my helmet on.

Call me crazy, but as far as buying any gear for year round riding, I'd go straight to a BMW dealer. Even though i dont ride one, 99% of my gear purchases came from the local beemer shop. Those places know a thing or two about gearing up. Best thing is (especially if your an older non flashy guy like me) they dont stock any of the squid fashions that seem to be prevalent at the dealers of the big 4. If they dont have it, you probably dont need it.

·
Registered
541 Posts
The Rev'it It's thick around the neck and blocks ALL wind.....never get's cold on my neck now.

·
Premium Member
3,364 Posts
I got one at a Triumph dealership for $9. It's thin and made like a drywick teeshirt. Don't need much to keep the head warm

Also have some thicker ones, but they're difficult/impossible to get the helmet over...

·
Premium Member
1,974 Posts
I have the Coolmax HJC one that NewEnough sells and even that is fine for weather in the 30's.

·
Premium Member
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
AndreRA3 said:
Or not... I'm very confused.
I think most Ducati dealers are official dealers of Rev'It products.
At least, Ducati: Soho, NY and Ducati: Jack Trebour, NJ can order for you.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Stik said:
I think most Ducati dealers are official dealers of Rev'It products.
At least, Ducati: Soho, NY and Ducati: Jack Trebour, NJ can order for you.
Where i got mine^

·
Registered
911 Posts
I use an Under Amour piece that I really like. Keeps warmth in and I can use it to scare my kids at night. :)

·
Registered
118 Posts
I cycle as well, and I went to a cycling shop and bought a "Headsweats" brand cap that's made of climacool/dri-fit like material. DuPont whatever-it's-called. Works great, head doesn't itch anymore, but it does give you some interesting helmet hair (to be expected, I guess).

·
Premium Member
838 Posts
Like CIAO, I also have an Underarmor one.

I recently rode in 20 degree weather with no windshield and it worked great.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I have two no-name brands (or, at least, I can't remember them) One is a cotton blend, the other is made entirely of some space age material - I only wear the cotton one now, because it didn't occur to me when I bought it that the seam that ran down the middle of the non-cotton one (across the chin, nose, forehead, etc) would be annoying. It was. I would advise against getting one of these.
Also, if you ride with sunglasses, you may one to pick one that has a wide face opening. Otherwise the earpieces will cause the sides to tent out - this vents warm air from your mouth directly upwards toward your glasses and fogs them.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts