Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

Lets get some more Monster peeps out for HB bike night this week.

Regards,
AC

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
I'm up for it.

Seems sacriligeous to just put superslab miles on the brand new Diablo "buns"...didn't CVC/Scott have some route to throw a few turns into it?
-------------quote-----------------------------------
"How about we meet at the intersection of the 405 and the 133 around 7? Then a quick run through the canyon so we can get in at least 5 or 6 turns then the run up PCH as a pack to HB before the standing around part?
-------------quote-----------------------------------
I'll check my MS Streets&Trips tonight, I just tried to find that on Mapquest. Waste of time, Mapquest blows.

·
Premium Member
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
19102 Beach Blvd.
Near Garfield and Beach -- left side if coming from the 405.

I'd like be there about 7:00ish.

If we meet at the 405/133 ( AKA Laguna Canyon Road ) we should set a time and an exact place to meet. Does everyone know where the x-mas tree farm used to be on 133?

Going south on the 405 you exit right for the 133. The x-mas tree farm used to be on the right about 300 - 400 yards once on the 133. There should be the remains of a road, which went to the right. If I remember correctly there is plenty of room to stop and meet there.

What time should we meet if we want to be in HB by 7:00 or 7:30?

http://members.cox.net/~anthony.coley/405_133.bmp

·
Premium Member
496 Posts
Hey guys,
I am going to try and make it. If I can, I wouldn't be able to be at the 133/405 spot until 7:00p.m. I figure if Nick can come all the way from the inland empire on a Wed. night, then I can come from L.A.
Kevin

·
Premium Member
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I need to confirm whether or not my wife is going to come then I'll know for sure when I can make it.

I shouldn't be a problem for me to be there at 6:30'ish.

I'll firm up my status tomorrow after I talk to my wife.

Regards,
AC

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
I'd like to try and make it, but the chances are slim. I wouldn't be able to leave work till like 7. I work at 405 & Sunset. Would that put me there way to late?

·
Premium Member
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Confirming I'll be at the 405/133 at 6:30pm Wed.

See ya then,
AC

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
Make it three....I'm in. 405/133 at 6:30pm.
AC, Scott, see you there.

Fleedatz and Kev, that would be rockin' if you can make it.

Danger, it'd be great to meet you. C'mon down!

Tom ? ? ?
" I'm out. My tank is at the painter's. Next week I'll go."
You've got a painter that will turn your tank around in less than a week :eek:
That's awesome.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Crap, would love to make it :-/ , but got a last minute call today from some friends that will be in town, and we will be having a dinner date wednesday night.

Is this thing every wednesday?

JMK

·
Premium Member
1,679 Posts
Tom ? ? ?
" I'm out. My tank is at the painter's. Next week I'll go."
You've got a painter that will turn your tank around in less than a week :eek:
That's awesome.
Actually, I might have it before the weekend. I dropped the tank off about 8 this AM. When I went by about 2:30 with a Foggy decal, Boris already had the dents pulled, and it looked about two hours from primer. When I handed him a CF piece that needs some clearcoat to fill some scratches, I said, "I realize it this may not come out perfect". He looked up at me and smiled from the corner of his eye, and said, "Oh, I think it will come out perfect." We shall see very soon...

http://www.calcycledesign.com/

Scott, seriously, I almost could not blow through the filter (think Dizzie Gillespie). The new one I put in was WAY less restrictive. So, I'm not too worried about the next roll-on :); however, I don't think my map is worth a sh!t. Brad Black, in one of his tech articles talks a little about a before and after plugged fuel filter map/dyno/chip. As I remember, a clean filter made a significant difference in the subject bike. I think this is a must do before a PCIII/map session, and kick myself for being too lazy not to have changed it before.

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
Crap, would love to make it :-/ , but got a last minute call today from some friends that will be in town, and we will be having a dinner date wednesday night.

Is this thing every wednesday?

JMK
Yeah, the Bike Nite is every Wednesday. We don't always get a group together to go, however.

Dinner date, huh? Where are you going? Maybe we'll drop by.... ;D Just Kidding.

Have fun, catch you next time.
If you're free this weekend, check out this thread...Rev 'em up...LET"S RIDE!

S

·
0 Posts
Looks like I can make it! ;D

If something comes up and I can't, I'll give Scott a call on his cell.

Otherwise I'll see you guys at the 405/133 at 6:30!

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
So, as of this moment, that's four of us meeting at the 405/133 at 6:30 pm.

AC / Anthony
Speeddog / Nick
Scott S.
SoCalM900

See you there!

·
Premium Member
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
NICE!

Can't wait to meet yous guys.
4 Monster