Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I've just recently bought a second-hand 2001 Monster 600 and am trying to find a manual for it that's more detailed than the owner's manual. I've found the Haynes manual but that's apparently only for models up to 1996. Can anyone recommend a good, thorough manual for a 2001 M600?

Thanks

Eric

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
Well you're not going to find anything specific other than the factory service manual.

The Haynes manual is still pretty good as much of the bike is the same.

LT Snyder has a self published book on 2V maintenance, also not Monster specific. Got mine at BCM. Don't know where to order 'em. FYI, Snyder is the tech writer for Motorcycle Consumer News (MCN). Get a subscripton.

·
Registered
829 Posts
I just got my copy yesterday from Ca Cycleworks. It's nice because it shows you alternative ways to deal with operations without using factory tools. It show you how to make some, even. I still wish that a true factory manual would be available, but the two mentioned help. I would caution against using a wiring diagram from an aftermarket book.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just got the haynes for my 620 dark its an 03 and i was looking at parts in the book compared to my bike its all pretty much teh same so the haynes is a good bet

1 - 5 of 5 Posts